Saturday, May 21, 2005

Shabbos Kodesh...shabbos shabbos koydesh!

Shabbos has LEFT. It's not even like it said good-bye. It just up and went. rude if you ask me. Alright, so maybe I shouldn't have been sleeping but I was tired, specially cause I didn't get into bed until almost 1:30 Friday night (thank you Shani - and 'feed the fish' yourself. You're a big girl.) Anywho - Friday night was chilled, or rather we chilled. I haven't spent a Friday night 'on the street' (or should i say, 'on the Becker's wall') in a very looooong time. Yeah, I love my WOOF and Sawa walked down too. It was nice to see everybody, it makes me feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only crazy person out there...(Hinda, Erica and Adina - You're all crazy too. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you guys!) Shabbos day was nice, I made it to shul (only 45 minutes late - that's pretty good.) We went to the Montel's for lunch and spent the rest of the day reading funny stories out of random Reader's Digests to each other. Finally, I went to take my Shabbos nap, and when i woke up - Shabbos was gone.

Now I'm listening to Sammy practice piano. I've decided that it's ok for me to do this (even during s'fira) because it fills me with a sense of sadness. If I had been more committed and just worked at it a little harder, I too could be playing 3 pages pieces fluently. Instead, I can barely play Greensleeves...

Today I learned something important: If you sit in the sun, then you will get hot. If you sit in the shade, you will still be hot. BUT, not as hot as you would be if you sat in the sun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori, I must say that I am honored! You have placed me in such a high and esteemed position! I cant believe you concider me crazy! I think im going to cry, im so honored! wow! I dont know what to do with myself...ok, calming down...breath....breathe.....:)
Sounds like you had a productive Shabbat and learned quite a lot about the sun! I am very proud of you! :) My little Lori is growing up...aawww
Miss ya!!
~*Chava/Erica*~

Hinda said...

Oy, Chava/Erica, that comment SO proves that you're crazy! That's why we like you!

Lori, I, too, feel honored for being put at such a high ranking. Thank you so much for understanding and spreading the message that I am trying to get across to society...I AM CRAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZYYYYYYYY!!!! Nice to know that I am not alone in my mission of informing mankind.

Adina :) said...

SO YOU THINK I'M CRAZY DO YOU???
The others feel this to be something of like an honor!

Well miss Lori Polly I must say that news of this is extremely, totally, utterly*, completely, exceeeedingly, entirely, ....................................................................................................................................................a huge honor :) hehehehehehehehehehe
Luv ya Lorilie :)

miss ya tons!
~ Adina :)
*Mooooo