Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Z'man Matan Toratainu...

Wow! Well, Shavout is over now (for Mommy n' Me at least.) The Holiday went quite smoothly if I do say so myself. Went to shul Sunday night. Went to shul Monday morning (on time!) and spent all afternoon sleeping. Of course thanks to my 6 hour long nap in the afternoon I wasn't the least bit sleepy at 11:00 when we finished dinner. So, I dragged Mommy upstairs and we watched 'Gladiator.' It was good - excepting for the fact that (as in most movies now-a-days) all the battle scenes are over-dramatized. I know that the viewers enjoy the blood, guts and gore spattering the screen however I find it distasteful especially because unlike in Shakespearean times - movies are a 'fourth person' experience and the actors cannot even hear the shouts and advice of the audience. When the movie ended (at 2:30) sleep still eluded me - so I read/finished my book. (The Forest House - by:Marion Zimmer Bradley. Not as good as the others - Mist of Avalon is still my favorite. But moving in it's own way.) At 6:00 a.m. I drifted off and woke up at 9:00 a.m.

It's second day Chag for Saba and Savta and I am under house arrest owing to the fact that I can't do any M'lacha in public. So I intend to spend a lot of time in front of the computer, a little time packing up my stuff, some time packing up Saba and Savta's stuff and all around lazing about.

Later I'll go say 'good-bye' to the Chazanows.

I just have to make it through today and I can go HOME!!! I'm SOOOOOO EXCITED!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today is a no good, just down right awful day... kenders cant feel fear, but we feel depressed and awfully annoyed... call me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

just came across your blog...you know the Chazanows in Manalapan?

Lorelai said...

Yes I know the Chazanows in Manalapan, NJ! They are the most amazing family ever!!! The Rabbi and Rebbetzin are like parents to me and the kids - well, they're like siblings to me! I practically grew up in their house! I LOVE THE CHAZANOWS!!! (and now that I'm Home - I MISS THE CHAZANOWS!!)