Monday, August 01, 2005

The First Day of August and I am Supremely Bored...

OK - so here's how I figure it. At least I'm getting lots of sleep at night. I mean, usually in the summer (when one has nothing to do all day) one spends the day out finding stuff to do and then wastes all night watching movies and/or chilling with friends. However, sorely lacking in the available friends department and not having any money to go anywhere (nor interest in going...) I find myself wallowing in self-pity and boredom during the day and actually sleeping at night (though some of my pals have expressed concern and dismay...) If Milo ever thought he was in the Doldrums then BOY OH BOY was he wrong. I have found the plain of neverending endings. It's quite sad seeing as the summertime is supposed to be a time of rest, relaxation, freedom and general good-cheer. For me these three months are proving to be interminable and just plain old annoying. I don't even have things to look forward to seeing as all of our major exploring and vacationing has passed.

The only really exciting things coming up are my Grandparent's imminent ALIYAH and I am actually looking forward to taking an 'early morning' (around 10:00 or 11:00 a.m.) walk over to their house for pancakes. (Remember Savta - you promised! I know, not the first few days... but, I won't forget. heeheehee!)

Anywho - at least today I've accomplished something. I left the house! I went grocery shopping. I know, it isn't as glamorous as an outing should be, but, at least I got out. During my 'down-time' (in the house) I've been washing almost all of my stuffed animals in small batches. Drumnadrochit (who is basically new, and is too small to smell bad -yet-) has been quite disturbed by the proceedings. As her friends get 'wrung out' in the ultraviolent-spin-cycle she sits and waits hoping and wishing and praying that they will be okay...



On a totally different and hopeful note - The realtor called with news about a 2 bedroom apt. in Kiryat Moshe for 550 a month! YAYAYAY!!! (now he just has to call back and tell us when we can go and see it...) I hope it works out!

And on an even more up note - Women's Swim tonight at Tzora! YAHOO!!! (maybe soon I will REALLY fit into Sammy's shirts...)

For now I'm off to visit Amber... All roads lead there, so why not stop by?

1 comment:

Yo Abba said...

Back from vacation just 10 days and already back to the doldrums? Now I'm going to have to have a talk with you young lady...