Wednesday, August 03, 2005

yikes...

Woke up this morning at 7:30 (I wasn't supposed to get up until at least 11:00...)
Went downstairs and ate cookies for breakfast (I am supposed to be on a 'diet')
Lounged around the house, Put away all of my (now clean) laundry, Scrubbed the bathroom (with Sammy), Stared off into the distance wishing again that I were a bird. (Flighty, I know. But I was BORED!)

Ok, well the biggest mistake that I've made in the last 24 hours was sending the 'howling' e-mail to my 'supposed to be' flatmate for next year. Granted the letter was scathing, cynical, sarcastic and pretty much mean it was also unwarranted(ish) - but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I'm getting a little frantic about 2 things right now: #1. having a place to live next year and #2 Finding some way to entertain myself in the afternoons/evenings next year. I was thinking Ulpan (which I NEED!) but after much research my questing has turned up no workable options. The other idea was to get a job. However, I have no idea where to start looking. And so, it's more important (methinks) to first find a place to live and then to find some 'extra-curricular' activity. So, with all this pressure building behind me - I'm kind of desperate to finally just get a place. And the person I'm supposed to be doing this with is 'hemming and hawing' about neighborhoods and won't give me any straight answers. I dunno, but for me it's a bit confusing.

I guess I can understand why I got no response to my e-mail(s). I just wish that I had, especially because we're going to talk to the lawyer tomorrow about the contract...

Now I have a migraine from rehashing the whole stupid situation again in my head!

To end the 'entertainment' part of tonight the kids all watched Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail. It was great for a laugh! All 6 of us watched and it's the first time in a long time that we did something and all got along and no one ran out crying.

We have a visitor with us in our room tonight. Avi Chai has decided that he is sick of Mommy's bed and obvioiusly doesn't want to sleep in his own room so he is 'visiting' with us tonight. At least Sammy pulled out the third bed for him and didn't squish him into 'the cave' at the foot of her bed (like she does on Shabbos afternoons.) Now all we have to do is convince him that there are no monsters in the 'cave' that we pulled the third bed out of...

No comments: