Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Erev Rosh Hashana...

Woke up early to help with cooking and the like. However, there wasn't much to do. I did get to peel a few onions and some cloves of garlic (I also peeled a bag of carrots - that we didn't need.) I baked a double batch of Chocolate chip cookies and for the most part sat around doing nothing.

Finally it was time to get ready for Yom Tov. I got dressed up (all in black) and headed off to shul for Ma'ariv. Davened, headed back Home, ate the meal, read a bed-time story (Yertle the Turtle) to Sammy and Brenda, went to sleep.

I'm writing retro-actively so I can't actually remember any of the funny stuff that went on. I think that the cats tried to knock over the candles but there was no 'real action' like dripping air-conditioners or things catching on fire...

Though I do believe that the whole 'shprekkin ze duetch' thing started at some point in the afternoon...

No comments: