Sunday, November 06, 2005

First Day on the job...

Reflexology class was nothing remarkable. We learned the respiratory system and reviewed. I got a new partner, today I worked with Leah. I think my teacher was happy to see that I was working with somebody new - I figured I might as well, seeing as I was due to start my new job a few hours and was going to be forced to meet new people.

Oh yeah, speaking of my new job...

So, I really am a secretary. Go figure. For some reason though, I am more nervous about my second day and onwards than I was about my first day. I still have an irrational fear of telephones and let's not even go into my irrational fear/paranoia of speaking Hebrew (sorry Tall Ones, I can't help it. It is a problem, I know it is. I'm working on it. 3/4 of the phone calls that come through ar Hebrew. I guess, I really don't have a choice.)

I file papers, type up letters and e-mails, answer phone calls, make phone calls, send faxes and do all the other stuff that secretaries are supposed to do.

The best news I had all day was that I am actually only working Sunday through Wednesday. So, all in all I only work 20 hours a week, and I have my Thursdays free. I am soooo happy! I can go Home and help Mommy and visit Saba and Savta.

The way I figure it, it's only 5 hours a day. Which is not soooo bad, even though it can seem never-ending. I only have to make a fool of myself on the phone for five hours and thankfully the people that I work with and for are very undersatnding and caring people. Knowing that the environment is warm and friendly is going to help keep me motivated. Yes, the work may be hard but I will give it my all, and try my best.

I hope things go as smoothly tomorrow as they went today (only, I hope I'm a little less nervous and that the phones don't ring quite as much...)

It's going to be alright.

I can do this.

phew.

2 comments:

yo' meanma said...

Just smile and wave :->

But really... I am very proud of you. Keep up the good work.

Chava Tziporah said...

yyaaa Lori! You will do a good job at your job...hehe :p Glad to hear things are going well!