Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I Looked Like a Farmer...

Woke up at 6:00 am and couldn't sleep any more, so after an hour I gave in, turned on my computer and stuck in a DVD - then I spent almost 2 hours watching the first half of the extended version of The Return of the King'. By the time the first disc ended it was only 9:00. Then I wandered aimlessly (literally - because Shosh had the computer to type up Dvar Torah) around the apartment and worked on my blanket (the one that I am still knitting...)

At 13:00 we decided that sitting around was ridiculous, so we got dressed and left the apartment to find an adventure. Of course, the getting ready to leave was an adventure in itself. I put on a button-down shirt and felt like a farmer - so I switched to Sammy's denim jacket (which I have officially abducted.) Then I realized that my hair was a wreck, so I took the straightener and *poof* within minutes my hair was straight and sleek. Then I even threw on a dash of lipstick (cause I was feeling girly) and out we went (finally.)

We walked down R'chov Yafo and decided to stop in at the shuk. We bought fresh shuk pita. There is no other food combination quite as heavenly as a fresh shuk pita with chumus. (Not even marshmellow goop with a cookie.) After our first stop we had nothing else to do, but didn't want to go back to the apartment - so, we walked (the looooong way) down and around and down to the Gan Ha'vradim. We didn't have a picnic (which is what we had planned to do) but we did sit on the grass in the sun and listen to some guy play his guitar and we shmoozed for a good hour and a half. (Yes, technically we could have done the same thing in the apartment but sometimes it is nice to get out. OK?!) After a while we decided to head back.

Back in the apartment we put up dinner (split pea soup...) and waited for it to cook. After eating, we headed out to Zol L'mehadrin for a few things and a quick shopping expedition. When we got back we knocked on our neighbor's door (you know, the av bayit - who freaks the heck out of me and gives me the 'heeebiileee-bajeebalees') and we asked him "When are we going to have hot water?" his response was "Oh, don't you know, it's broken. You'll have hot water when it is fixed..." ummmm, thanks?

What else? Oh yeah, I did laundry today. Only problem is, we still don't have a dryer - so all the clothes have to get hung... I hung stuff up at 8:00 this morning and 12 hours later it's still wet and ice cold. And incidentally, there is more in the washer that needs to be hung up but there's no room to put it...

And, I need a shower.

On second thought, I think I'll go finish my movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Polly what am i goig to do with you????
RJ

Chava said...

You didnt know the water would be hot when it is fixed? of coarse! im glad he was able to help you with the problem...
oy, Israelis! :)