Saturday, November 19, 2005

Lice, Lewdness and Lunacy...

A Summary of Shabbat Parshat Vayeira...

Friday night I spoke to Ora and then after the meal Sammy and I walked to Aviv to visit Raizi. However, Raizi was already asleep so we headed out to Sheinfeld. We figured we could visit Shani. Luckily, Shani was home and so were the rest of her siblings. All I can say is - it is refreshing to be able to go to someone else's house and see that they are really very similar to your own family. I mean, that in a VERY good way! It's nice to be able to go and visit with people who have no problem just sitting around on the kitchen floor with ALL of their siblings. (Granted, some of us weren't sitting and some people got a little more comfortable, but hey - it's their kitchen.) We were 'entertained' and amused and personally, I enjoyed our visit. It was well worth the walk.

Shabbos morning I made it to Shul on time. The meal was milchig. Mommy made onion soup and left it on the plata. Yum! After eating we sat around I psychoanalysed me. We came to the conclusion that there is NO such thing as 'normal' and that I am OCD with ADD. I dunno, it was pretty sketchy. I looked through a 'diagnostic' questionaire and answered yes to a big chunk of the questions (though I am still confused about what being left-handed or ambidextrous has to do with having ADD.)

After bentching Sammy and I got comfy on the couch (like in London, only not...) and just as I fell asleep there was a knock on the door. Suffice it to say, I spent the remainder of Shabbos in the Ampi. We played catch with a 'real' football, played frisbee (or not) and I did a lot of sitting.

Shabbos ended and I went out with Daddy to Super-Pharm to pick up some 'lice removal shampoo' - (I'm not telling you this for any reason, or to publicize it. I mean, in this country, it's like... well, it's like something you just do and then it's done. It's not a 'big deal') If you were to ask the Dibble about what he's suffering from he would tell you 'fleas' - but allow me to fill you in... it's not fleas, but it itches the same. We were in a rush so we didn't stop in at the book-store to pick up my dictionary. (I guess learning Hebrew will have to wait till Mommy and Daddy get back from America.)

Sammy wouldn't come with me to Jerusalem so I went all by myself. On the bus I listened to the soundtrack from 'Les Mis' - It wasn't particulary soothing but it worked nonetheless. Now I have Fontaine's song stuck in my head "But the tigers come at night, with their voices soft as thunder. As they tear your hope apart. As they turn your dreams to shame." *Sigh*

And As the Dibble ran around crazily, the Moonbeam shouted, "Help!!! He's trying to hit me with his Toothbrush!!"

2 comments:

yo' meanma said...

Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to A merry ca we go... it is in fact very late and I need to get up in 2 hours ;>
n e way I will call u so keep up the good work and smile. look on the bright side, at least you don't have to give the dibble his follow up shampoo treatment ;0

Flying Disaster said...

I feel like i need to post as no1 else does. i gotta say that hearing the stories for real are so much better than reading them. i mean they r soooooo animated and the side point help it too. well waiting for u to come home and to eat supper.