Saturday, November 12, 2005

Shabbat Parshat Lech L'chah

Disclaimer: This is MY site and as such I am entitled to report things as I experienced them and felt about them. If you have a problem with that then you have a few choices; create your own blog, suffer in silence or just get over it.

OK - so there was nothing much to report about Friday. Sammy woke up early and left and half an hour later I got up and helped Mommy get ready for Shabbos (I am such a mitzvah girl!) Then, I decided that I wanted something 'new' to wear for Shabbos, so Brenda graciously 'broke out' her bead kit and we put together two pairs of earrings and a necklace.

On to Shabbos itself:

Friday Night - Wore Sammy's shirt. Yeah, the white one that closes with all of the hook-and-eye thingies I hope it didn't look toooo bad. I mean, it is Sammy's and I am NOT Sammy's size. (No Shosh. I do NOT have a complex and I am NOT fat and ugly. OK, OK - maybe a little ugly... ;) LOL!) Loooooong meal, Shani actually showed up (yes, I was surprised that she remembered me.) Chilled in the circle and then at the Feldmans. Fed people cookies joked and waited... Finally, at 12:20 I decided to go to sleep. So, I did.

Shabbos Day - Woke up for shul, fell back asleep, Daddy woke me for shul, went to shul, went Home from shul, went back to shul, walked Home from shul, looooong meal, Shani showed up, sat in the circle and talked about nothing much in particular, learned how to play 'marbles' and ate Doritos. (See? It really is sad when Sammy isn't Home.) More people showed up, played Apples to Apples, Shabbos ended and now....

Now, I am sitting here and updating my blog as a pathetic attempt to stall for time. Sammy will be Home at some point tonight but 'when' is the question. And will she be interested in doing anything fun? I could practice massage on Mommy, but my arms are sore from working on Sammy the other night and I am FREEZING cold! (Granted, maybe I should put a sweater on and not sit around in a short-sleeve shirt....) I could (should) really go back to Jerusalem tonight, because then I can sleep 'late' in the morning. But, I have A LOT of stuff to take back with me and just don't have the energy to get on a bus schlepping a lot of bags. One backpack I can deal with, two maybe - but Mommy made me chicken soup and put it into little containers for me, and they take up space and I need to take a pot with me (because we don't have any fleishig pots) and this and that and the other thing...

I am also not prepared mentally for yet another week to begin. I love class and I am enjoying work BUT seriously it's a 'routine' - I need routine, I like routine but I prefer easy routine, done by rote. Like school, school was a 'rote routine' - you went every day and had classes then went Home. All you had to do was sit and listen and then go Home and go to sleep. (Yes, I intentionally omitted homework - I know.) Arg! This whole living 'on my own' and 'taking care of myself' thing is a pain in the butt.

No wonder I don't bother eating 'real food' - I don't have the energy to make it.

I wish Daddy would drive me back.

Alas, wishes are often nothing more than wasted neurological impulses...

2 comments:

Oy Chavaleh.... said...

"Finally, at 12:20 I decided to go to sleep. So, I did."
I thought i would let you know, that when I read that line, I thought the last words were "So did I" and I was thinking...Lori, wow! You are funny. You wanted to go to sleep and so did you...oohh, I miss Lori! Then I read it again and realized what it said...I thought I would share that with you! Have a good night and I think I should go to sleep...its almost 2am and Im in a funny mood (if you couldnt already tell)...
g'night! Layla tov (i dont know any more languages...)

Sassy Madricha said...

Short-sleeved shirt??? Eh ehm?