Sunday, December 25, 2005

First Night of Chanuka...

Got out of bed at 9:10 this morning. VERY late - for me anyway.

Reflexology class. Only 6 people were there. I got yelled at for having long nails. (well, that's a first.) We are working on the 'hormones' now. It was nice the heat was on and though it was freezing outside - inside we were warm and getting 'foot massages' - I sure wasn't going to complain.

Work. Well, first order of bussiness - stage 3 of the 'Media Info' project. Then I got voted to go down to the post-office. (Yet another nightmare but not as bad as it could have been. At least I wrote out the check properly.) The boss had picked up Sufganyot because it was one of the other girl's birthdays - so I had one. By then it was almost 16:00 and my boss informed me that I could feel free to leave at 17:00 - because it was (after all) the first night of Chanuka. He said "we'll see how it goes" but that he will probably let us out early for the rest of the 'holiday' too.

Back at the apartment - we set up the Menorahs and put up the soup to heat, then lit and sang and had yummy soup for dinner.

No class tomorrow and no class on Thursday either. Ahhhh, vacation.

I think that soon I will go and snuggle with Toffee and read some more of that new book.

Till tomorrow - Happy Chanukah! :)

5 comments:

Flying Disaster said...

A little correction.....we 'sang', more like we attempted to. or atleast being covered in flem while singing is hard especially when u can't sing in the first place.
HAPPY CHANUKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miryam said...

Happy Chanukah to both of you. I wish I could be there to share it with friends, like I have the past few years. In any case, it's nice to be with family. Eat some Israeli sufganiyot for me- you know nothing beats a warm, caramel sufganiya right out of Ma'ape Ne'eman...

Hinda said...

I WANT VACATION! AND I WANT IT IN ISRAEL! That's what I want for Chanukah. Thank you and the end.

Anonymous said...

ok happy chanuka

Zalman said...

You're lucky, we don't get off til wendsday night. Either way, Happy Channukah.