Friday, December 02, 2005

I Knew it...

Proof that things are NOT going my way.

I started this scarf last year when we went to Poland. I figured, I needed something to do with my hands and that Ezri needed a new scarf (or rather, he wanted one.)

I was so excited. I thought I had finally 'gotten it right' and that this time, I wouldn't cut the strings and leave hard little knots at the ends.
However, as things usually go when I am involved and feel like I am doing things right - Well, I was wrong.

It seems you are supposed to 'weave in the ends' as you go along and NOT at the end. Who knew? Certainly not me.

To rectify my mistake I am now completely unraveling the scarf that I have spent many hours working on. I do this with the hope that the end resut will be better than the original.

(Have you ever felt like the physical actions that you were going through completely echoed your mental and emotional state?)

3 comments:

debsy said...

First of all I can't believe u never finished the scarf!!! Secondly - u can't take it out after all that hard work!! What r u doing?? STOOOOOOPPPPP Lori!!
Oh well, I'm probably too late anyway! Hope u have a great shabbos and a better week next week!

Miryam said...

Oh no, not the "Poland" scarf!!
As a fellow knitter, though, I know what it means to have to take it out and start over, and understand its need, occasionally. Good luck, Lori, and I hope it works out better this time. (A little indication of the good things that are yet to come, perhaps?)
-Mir

Sassy Madricha said...

Lol, Lolly! You crack me up!!
P.S. We need to start my friends baby's scarves some time before the inter is over, ok?