Saturday, December 24, 2005

Let the Rain Fall Down...

Well, Friday night was very laid back.

Shul was spiritual (though the chazan did sing some pretty strange stuff...), The walk Home in the rain was uneventful (except for the puddle that I 'inadvertantly' jumped into - that was so deep that once inside I was forced to change into a third set of clothes for the day.) The meal was a typical Polly house meal - noisy. And after eating we put on our 'rain-gear' and set out on a 'walk.' We splashed through every puddle that came our way. First Sammy and Mommy were with me but Mommy got cold and went inside. Sammy and I decided to expand our horizons - so we walked up Ha'arazim and down Hadekel to Ben Zev where we crossed the street, walked on the wall and sloshed though the wet grass. (I haven't done that it years!)

I was up on time for Shul. So, I went. Davening was ok, there was a kiddush and I shmoozed with Aviva and Ora. (Yay! 2 friends in the neighborhood!) Lunch was yummy (cause Mommy made grilled chicken that was so good...) I took out my new book (Foxmask - by: Juliet Marillier. I am a fan of hers, without a doubt. She ranks high up on the list with Guy Gavriel Kay at the moment as a matter of fact.) I read 27 pages and then fell asleep on the sofa. I woke up because things seemed to have 'stopped' - the lights went out 3 times in 10 minutes. It was strange.

After Shabbos I packed up a lot of stuff (a book-shelf worth of books and more...) and dragged the bags out to the car. Meanwhile, Daddy (with some help...) got the clothes dryer into the car and the little heater and the book-case to boot. Basically, I got lots of presents. Thank you Mommy and Daddy (and Saba and Savta for the heater!!) I shall use it all!! I shall - I shall!

Daddy drove me up to the city then we took 3 trips from the car up to the apartment to get all of the stuff in.

I am currently working on the 'menu' and shopping-list for our 'channuka party' on Monday night. We are having lots of old Seminary friends over and I'm sure it is going to be nice. I just have to figure out when I'm going to do all of the shopping and cooking. I mean, massage is cancelled on Monday but I was hoping to go and get some new material for a new skirt...

Speaking of skirts, I have to say "Arg!" I have the purple material for my ball gown skirt in my apartment with me but, I don't know when I would realistically have time to sew it at Home - and worse, I don't have a zipper for it. That could be problematic.

So, we shall see what I decide to do. Worse comes to worst - I will wear what I wore to Chanale's wedding. I think that I looked nice. Maybe I will even wear the twisted pearl jewelry...

Wait, why am I thinking about Thursday? It's only Motzash and there is sooooo much to do before then.

In the future - I MUST remember to fret about things as they come up and not quite so prematurely.

Class in the morning - maybe I should unpack and go to sleep.

Sounds tempting.

Whaddaya say?

3 comments:

Flying Disaster said...

Thnak for keeping me entertained at 4:30 in the morn as i can't sleep- hope my coughing hasn't woken you up.

Sassy Madricha said...

Love the pictures Lori!

And thanks for "inviting" me to your party... I dunno, I thought I was an old Afikei friend... Lol, don't worry I'm not insulted! I'm going home instead! And, call me crazy, but I invited a little Shana Alefer to come home with me for latkes and dinner. Ahh, I have a soft-spot for this girly...

A frielechen Chanukah to all!!!

Miryam said...

You're having a Chanukah party!! I wish I could be there. Please, please, please, don't forget about your poor old friend stuck here in the middle of nowhere, wishing she could be there...
:-) Chanukah will be nice, and I will be thinking of all of you whom I have spent Chanukah with for the past two years.