Saturday, December 31, 2005

Shabbos + Rosh Chodesh + Channukah

Okay, so the parsha was more exciting and confusing to follow than my Shabbos.

Friday night involved - shul, meal, walk to Aviv, walk Home, sit at the Feldman's for an hour and shmooze, read some of the new book (Foxmask - Juliet Marillier) and sleep.

Shabbos Day - Daddy woke me for shul, I got to shul FIRST (there was nobody else there and the door was still locked...) Davening, a kiddush at shul, lunch, sleep, havdalah, lighting Menorah (it is the 7th night) and now I am sitting and waiting.

I am waiting for the schedule to be decided on. I can't remember whether or not I have class tomommow, but I don't really want to go back to my apartment yet (sorry Shosh - nothing personal, it's just that I am having a really good time 'chilling' with my Grandfather. We just presented him with the Pocket Edition of Ethics from Sinai -'Pirkei Avot' and now we are having some deep religious 'Tuyrruh' discussions.)

Either Daddy will drive me back to Jerusalem tonight and I will go back to my apartment OR I will accompany Daddy and Grandpa into Jerusalem and go to the Kotel with them then return Home and go back into Jeru tomorrow morning by bus...

WAH! Things are so annoying. I want friends nearby! I miss Seminary! I miss being involved in learning and always feeling like I was growing.

I am stagnating.

I guess I'm still lucky though - At least I'm not in America.

4 comments:

Hinda said...

"I guess I'm still lucky though - At least I'm not in America."

That was WAY below the belt...PFT!

No hard feelings. Well, not TOO hard. :P

Sassy Madricha said...

Don't you have time to come to any of our classes Lori? Rabbi Lauffer is starting late tomorrow night, so class is from 7:30-8:30... Couldn't you just take the 21 from work and make it on time? And on Wednesday, you should come to Rabbi Taub once in a while, or even Rav Orlowek on Monday nights. I know it would be difficult cuz you're completely and utterly exhausted from a loooong day of school and work, but maybe its kedai once in a while!

Anonymous said...

What is it you mean - about being lucky not to be in America?

Adina :) said...

I totally hear the stagnating thing!!!!!
Lets hope it doesn't get to evaporation!!!! (sometimes I feel like that :[ )

I miss seminary toooooooooo!!!!!