Sunday, February 19, 2006

BZZZ-IH-YING...

So far so good. I mean, I didn't expect things to turn around overnight. I know it's going to be a slow-going process and that it's going to be tough and that things are going to get worse before they get better. I know this not only because I've been comforted by friends who have told me this but from my very own personal experience.

I've stopped biting my nails again (I had finally broken the habit in June but two weeks ago the stress level became so bad that I resorted to the terrible habit.) The nightmares have started again. I know that they're not real and that it's just my subconscious mind trying to make my fears more concrete to my waking mind - I can handle them. I've battled the demons before and I am more than ready to tackle them again.

Though I must admit - some strange things have happened today...

I guess it started when I woke up in a cold sweat this morning and breathing like I had just run a marathon. Granted it is a bit disturbing to watch yourself die any number of gruesome and agonizingly painful deaths in the course of a few minutes - but still... Worse things have happened - no?

I would have rather gone to the dentist to have a tooth extracted than have gone to class this morning. It was painfully boring and I spent the four hours scribbling nonsense in my notebook.

Work was the usual and then some.

I walked home and upon removing my sneaker I noticed that my entire left foot was swollen about two times it's normal size. Don't worry, the story gets better - after about 15 minutes I wished that I had left the shoe on as the foot swelled to three times its normal size. I'm not sure what the problem is and it doesn't hurt. It's just HUGE!

Things got a little more exciting when I decided to put up a pot of soup for dinner. I got the vegetables sliced and had them saute'ing in the pot. When I went to get water to put into the pot I noticed that the liquid running out of the faucet was golden colored. Upon closer inspection I realized that the water was not only yellowish but it was slightly orangey-brown. Disturbed I called my father who advised me not to drink it or use it.

Oh well. Who needs dinner?

Oh yes, and last but not least - (at least for now...) - Granted I wouldn't particularly want to shower in the rusty water BUT if I had to choose between not showering or showering in the rusty water - I think I would choose the rusty water. However, there is a sign posted downstairs to inform us that there is NO hot water in the building again.

Surprise!!

Isn't that exciting?

Now I get to be hungry, cold, smelly and still maintain a positive attitude.

Wouldn't you be jolly in my situation?

Oh, joy! Massage class tomorrow!

I wonder what kind of idiocy she will accuse me of this week...

3 comments:

debsy said...

Hmmmmm sounds like u had a good day!!! i love u Lori and i hope things get better soon.

Lorelai said...

I DID have a good day.

Over-all...

I mean - if a day is 24 hours long and bad stuff only happened over the course of 6-7 hours then that means that the majority of the day was good.

No?

Sassy Madricha said...

Only if you slept well than that would hold true... but...

What's with the nightmares? Sounds sketchy to me Lolly...

Love ya though!!!