Saturday, February 04, 2006

A Great Debate...

Erev Shabbos Daddy came Home from the bake sale with a 'fruit cake' - it's origins were known and I was not sure what to say.

Shabbos was basically chilled.

Friday night after the meal we had a 'popcorn and games' party. Little brother came over and so did Ora. We laughed a lot and ate a ton of popcorn. Then Brenda got drunk and Daddy fell asleep on the sofa. After the party I fell asleep in the 'big chair' (yeah, I was trying to read...) and then at 3:30 in the morning I was woken up by a strange noise,
"Pssst, what are you doing here?"
"Ummm, sleeping?"
"Yeah, Me too..."

Shabbos morning Daddy remembered to wake us up for Shul, so I made it there on time. The Happy Face kept looming over the top of the m'chitza and Freddie kept convulsing in fits of laughter. Davening was pretty quick and you'll never guess who was there. I got a smile and a wave, Ora left early, I wore the shiny pink skirt (which I still need to fix) and it was warm out after davening.

Oh yeah, I was impressed - he combed his hair. (No comments from the peanut gallery or anybody else. I was amused and that's all that needs to be said.)

After Shabbos I accompanied Daddy to the 'formal debate' in Sheinfeld. The topics were good (in theory) though the panels didn't actually address the topics at hand. "Women should be IN the Home" and (a personal favorite of mine) "Are we becoming so frum that we are forgetting to be religious" (or something to that effect.)

After the debate we went Home and I was informed that I need to find somewhere to be on the last Shabbos of the month (when I'm supposed to be able to go Home early on Thursday because I don't work) but I'm not allowed to go Home because one stupid little girl is afraid of my wrath because she did something extremely stupid and got involved in something that was none of her concern.

I'm slightly ticked...

1 comment:

debsy said...

U can come to me or shabbos - if u leave on thurs after class u'll get here in time and i'm sure we can find u a motzash flight - its early enough still!! Pls come!!! i really need a friend!!!!!