Saturday, February 11, 2006

Gumblops...

Ok, quick intro...
This Shabbos our shul held its annual 'Tu B'shvat' kiddush.
We were asked to make a cake - and being the Polly Clan - we had to do something insane so as to keep up the 'family name.' Stam, as usual - we had to do something fun because if you are going to do something special then you might as well go all the way.

I present to you a collection of pictures taken to document the adverture upon which we embarked about 2.5 hours before Hadlakat Nerot...

So, at the same time that the cake was being created - we were frantically trying to cook for Shabbos... (I made a potato kugel and Freddie braided the Challot.)

Finally it was time to light. So we did and headed out to Shul. Shani was there (so I saw her for the first time in like 2 months.) I got to shmooze with Vivi and though Ora wasn't there (which was sad) I managed to have a good time. Friday night was an early night - though we did go on a walk and I even dragged my cloak out of the closet because the weather was perfect and I was SOOO in the mood.

Shabbos day dawned bright and at 6:00am when I woke up I decided to try to get to Shul on time (which I ultimately did.) Davening was amusing (because of Mussaf) and the Kiddush was really nice (though the cake was gone in under 5 minutes.)

The afternoon was quite boring. Sat with Shani in the circle, said "Hello" to the tall one who disappeared into the Spero's house after the Dibble. Walked out to Saba and Savta's house. Walked Home. And then, Shabbos was over.

I hate it when Shabbos goes away. Really, I do.

How we spent Motzash: Brenda made a cake for school, Daddy tried to pull off the Moonbeam's nose, Freddie "worked on" her Ben-T'chumi, Eli made 'pizza balls', Dibble suffered from thunder in his throat, Mommy helped everybody and I...

Well I spent my time wishing that somebody would read me a bedtime story.

All I wanted was a bed-time story and to fall asleep feeling warm and safe snuggled with my teddy.

Maybe someday I will have that privelege - until then, as the Dibble Kid sings,

Hamalach Hagoel Oti - ding ding...

(I hope he's keeping a special eye on me. I feel like I REALLY need it.)

6 comments:

debsy said...

Cloak?? Too much talk about saving the world and capes this week i fear!!!
And of course He's loking after you! He always is!

debsy said...

my mother wants to copy the cake idea it's brilliant!!! she also says i should show you pics of some of the cakes she's made for us - they're pretty cool too.

RebJay said...

polly i am..... speechless.....
i miss u !

Adina :) said...

Whoa!
Kudos to the Polly clan
Thats crazy!!!! I looks too good to eat!
Yummy in my tummy!

Hinda said...

YOU PEOPLE ARE INSANE!!!!

That's all I have to say.

Sassy Madricha said...

All I have to say is...

How could you not bring me back the left-overs? Dude, I love those cherry candy thingees! How inconsiderate!!