Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I Hate Tissues...

Well, thanks to whatever sickness I am suffering from - I didn't have a chance to have nightmares last night. Mostly because I didn't sleep. At all.

This morning I dragged myself out of bed and headed out to the mall with Freddie to do some much needed Shabbos clothes shopping. We both managed to get stuff and after perusing through the mall we headed into town. We had so much fun - between the 'freaky' stores and tichel shopping - well, I enjoyed. Bagels for brunch and then after the party good store and earring parts we said our goodbyes and parted ways.

I got to work 20 minutes early and left half an hour late. I felt so sick I thought I was going to pass out. By the time 7:30 rolled around and I had the 'ok' to leave - I made a quick detour to the bathroom for a look in the mirror. (Bad move on my part...) My cheeks were so pink it looked like I had colored on myself with bubble-gum pink lipstick. No wonder I got funny looks on the bus from everybody.

Somehow I made it from TM back to the apartment. It's a good thing it's not too far of a walk (though I did have to stop a few times to breathe.) I put some chicken soup up to heat and when it was hot I took it into my room and got into bed.

Now, it is almost three hours later. The soup is long gone, my throat hurts and I am exhausted - but - I can't seem to sleep.

Currently, I am drugged up on advil. Wishing I had something to knock me out and that I were at Home. (Actually, the strange thing is - I don't really want to be Home. I don't really miss it. I miss what it stands for in my mind. I miss the idea of it.)

Guess since I can't sleep I should go wash up the dishes.

In the morning I need to make up a batch of Granola Bars.

Brenda is coming tomorrow night to sleep over. I hope I don't get her sick.

Till then...

3 comments:

debsy said...

Feel better!!!! I feel for u - i have a cold and a fever! my father wouldn't even let me go to shiur! i hope i'm better tomorrow - I hate being ill!

Adina :) said...

Oy Va Voy! I hope you have a Refuah Shelaymah really really soon
drink plenty of fluids and call me in the morning ;)
Debs that goes for you too!
Luv you guys!
Feel better !

Chavs said...

Refuah shelama to the both of you! Take good care of yourself!! I send a hug, hope that helps a little.