Sunday, February 05, 2006

Quacked...Completely Quacked...

Well, when the alarm clock went off at 6:15 this morning, I thought that it was 5:30. Still, I was up and ready to go by 7:30 so I went out and caught the 7:40 bus. (Remind me NEVER to do that again.) Sheesh - where are all the old people going?!? I still for the life of me cannot understand where in the name of all that is sane and rational the old people are going that they need to jam-pack the busses before 8 in the morning!!

Anywho - in Jeru I stopped off at the apartment and had some breakfast then headed out to class. Ummm, are people aware of the fact that class actually starts at 9:30? Because at 9:50 when Shosh and I were sitting in the class room with the teacher and nobody else - it was a little frustrating. We finished the digestive system (which would be fascinating if I hadn't learned it in the past and if I weren't learning it TWICE now.)

After class I headed out to the office. Not much going on there today. As things were quiet (aside from the phone ringing every thirty seconds) I decided to finish the secondary project that I was given that is really just a tangent of the BIG project that I am working on. Hey, at least the binders look pretty.

I managed to amuse everyone when the phone rang and I (being in the middle of four other things) chose to yell "who is it?" rather than pick it up. Sadly, I had to compose myself enough to pick it up and talk to the person as my colleagues convulsed in fits of hysterical laughter.

After work I headed out to 'Crack Square' where there was a demonstration in progress. 'Olmert is EVIL' was the general idea of the thing and there certainly were a lot of people. It was slightly sad to be there all alone. I mean - everyone else goes with friends and groups of people and there I was with nobody to talk to. Suddenly I saw a familiar face - (well, I mean I would have seen the face if the hair hadn't been in the way.) Guess it was hashgacha that I decided to stop by cause I wouldn't have run into Chaim otherwise. He said something abut "Raquel coming" but didn't have much more information. I suppose I could've called her - but that would have made too much sense.

After bidding my cousin farewell I made my way back towards my side of town. The weather is clear and delicious and the sky is clear (well, it was while I was walking anyway.)

Toffee and the gang are waiting for me to come and snuggle with them. My book is there and everything is set. I think I'll make some hot chocolate and go get comfy - seems to me like tonight would be an ideal 'early night.'

Candles, books, teddy bears, warm quilts, a comfy couch and hot chocolate.

Don't you wish you were here?

4 comments:

Chavs said...

I wish I were there!

~{~~@ said...

considering the time, and the temperature here... I sorta do wish, but who'll wake up for the munchkin??

debsy said...

Don't ask stupid questions!! U know i do!

Adina :) said...

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!