Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Cookie Factory...

Woke up at 7:00 and thought it would be just another ordinary day.

I was wrong.

Between a surprise visit from Harv, Doing laundry, Reading, Comics and cleaning in general - things just felt strange.

The weather was warm but the wind was a chilly and biting force.

Even things at the office were a little freaky.

It was like everybody knew something that I didn't know. Which they did. But I am not there yet.

I walked home and got comfy on the couch in my PJs. Deborah called me and we got to shmooze - voice to voice for the first time since Sukkot!!

And then - Nootch showed up.

She forced me to get up and dressed and out I went with nothing more than my wallet and cell-phone. To where? To town. To where in town? To a quaint and romantic little place where we shared a salad and shmoozed. Then we walked back to TM where we parted ways.

I got a call from Mommy telling me to call Freddie who it seems was on the way back from her tiyul shnati when the bus broke down. She wasn't going to make the last bus to Bet Shemesh so she and Raizi wanted to know if they could crash. I said "why not?" and we made plans for a special 'Hotel Breakfast' - you know, eggs and hashed-browns and of course orange juice.

Back in my apartment once again - I got comfy in my PJs on the couch and suddenly there was a knock on the door. 'A delivery for a Lori Polly' was the response I got when I requested a name or identifying anything. I giggled to myself maniacally as I opened the door and knew there was something afoot.

BECCA CAME TO VISIT and NOBODY TOLD ME SHE WAS COMING!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I proceeded to hug her silly, scream, cry and almost pass out with sheer excitement and disbelief. I can't believe everyone managed to keep it a secret from me.

To sum up the events that followed - I ate almost a whole package of Alpha Chocolate. I laughed, giggled, screamed and was in a general state of shock.

As a matter of fact - I am still in shock.

And now that it is 1:27am I am wondering - where the bloop are Raizi and Freddie? What in blue blazes is going on? How?

And the all around - generally confused question of:

HUH?!

NO WAY...

2 comments:

Sassy Madricha said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed the surprise!

debsy said...

deary i came in december! and i know we didn't talk all that much! but i did see u!!

Somehow i just can't quite imagine u screaming at the surprise, crying and gigling, yes, but screaming???

P.S. Sorry wasn't allowed to tell u!