Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Sweet-talk Me and I Shall Fall...

I had an amazingly lazy morning. I stayed in bed till 10 and then got up in time for the Yom Hashoah siren. Spoke to Becca and Debs.

My problems have been thought through and I have concluded that there are any number of ways in which to proceed. There is the 'yes' option with conditions and there is the 'no' option. Of course, my goal as a player in the game is to get the ball back in the other team's court. If I can do that, then I do not become the bad guy. I only hope my skill with Daes Demar holds out and I can outwit my opponent. The tricky thing is, I'm not sure if he is my opponent or team-mate. Actually, I am not overly clear on his thoughts - I have my sinking suspicions and my bad feelings - but still, they have only been right 98% of the times in the past.

I think it's good that my schedule is slowly righting itself and becoming re-established. I need to be in a system and it feels good to do what I am supposed to do. Though work can be overly stressful at times and the office IS a high-pressure place (usually) I love it! I bask in the insanity that is work. I like it even more when I actually know what is going on. (Guess that would make sense. But still. It's so cool to know that my efforts are not wasted and that I am making a difference in an operation.)

After work I met up with my Nootch! It was a 'girls night out' and we certainly had fun. We went to our favorite little place and enjoyed a nice dinner. Of course she was there to hear my story, so I shared the whole pathetic soap opera that it is. All I can say is - the matter is clearly in hand. I know what I must do and say. Now all I have to do is carry-through.After dinner we decided to walk back to my side of town. We stopped in the bakery and then at the grocery store and finally headed back to my place for some DMCing and even some of that elusive DMMing. After cookies, pickles, cheerios and lots of thought - Nootch packed up and headed out to TM (to hopefully catch her bus.)

And now, I am left alone again. But, it's ok. It's my last night here alone for quite some time. Tomorrow night I'm already off to Home again. It is such an exciting prospect though, I won't be having that conversation with the moron because all he can do is send me cryptic messages that I don't understand. Hopefully the weather will hold and the sky will be clear and I will make it out to the tel. We shall see. That is the plan.

Of course, as we all know - Man plans and G-d laughs.

Even more importantly - Woman plans and G-d plots.

Alas, He IS The ruler. What can I do?

Everything will work out the way it is supposed to.

That is ALL I can ask for.

3 comments:

Sassy Madricha said...

I'm still favoring the no option...

debsy said...

I'm with sassy and i only know half the story!! sorry! But most importantly He is The One in charge and it will all work out

Adina :) said...

Hi Lori!!!!!
This has absolutely nothing to do with your post mostly because I don't know what is going on but I hope it all works out for the best!!!

The main reason I'm writing is to say "HI!!!!" I haven't been on in a really long time and I missed your blog!

Luv ya and miss ya like a lot!