Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Abnormal Program Termination...

Well, today was like a blast from the past. I spent the morning lazing around and doing housework. I left early with an empty back-pack and stopped at Machane Yehuda to do the fruit and veggie shopping. At work the bosses are all back - so everything is back to normal - even the familial screaming matches and silly joke telling. We even listened to 'Kidnap the Sandy Claws' (my new FAVORITEST song.) After escaping from the craziness of trying to clean up other people's messes and finish other people's jobs because they didn't do them and left them for me because it was easier for them that way, I met up with Nuch and we went out for a 'cheap dinner date' (my personal favorite - salad, pizza, ice cream... You know, the good stuff.) Walked back down Yafo and did the remainder of the grocery shopping (well, what ever I could carry in my hands anyway...) and now I'm back on the ranch.

I guess I should put everything away...

But first, my _______ story of the day -
(I left the blank line because I'm not quite certain what the appropriate word would be to best describe the experience.)

So, every few months they change the security guards' shifts around so that they can guard at different times of the day? Well, I'm not exactly sure why they change them around but as soon as I get used to one they switch and it is soooo annoying. Anywho - this newest guy is quite a character (to say the least.) Today while 'checking' through my overstuffed backpack (I DID go to the shuk, remember?!) he stumbled upon my jump-rope. Then we struck up a conversation about the health benefits of jumping-rope and how it's a great thing to do. Before he got around to inviting me to come and jump-rope with him I grabbed my stuff and started to make my get-away. As my bad-luck holds true, I didn't have a hand for my phone, as I tried to make one by shoving other stuff into my pockets and reached hopelessly for it he picked it up and handed it to me with a smile and a flourish while chiding me jokingly and saying "you wouldn't want to lose that, how would people call you..." Needless to say; I smiled, grabbed the phone and ran.

Now that I think back to it - it wasn't as bad as it could've been.

At least he had a kippa on.

Yep, that was my novel experience for the day.

Maybe tomorrow I'll go to the other entrance...

4 comments:

debsy said...

a characteristic hmmmmmmmmm is about all i can say! (can u hear the right intonation and voice?)

Lorelai said...

I'm hearin' it... ;)

Don't worry Dear, I'm waiting patiently.

Chavs said...

you make fun freinds like I do! they are always fun to tell people...

debsy said...

more patiently than me then!!!