Monday, May 15, 2006

Bonfires, Friends & Wine...

Class this morning was interesting. We are supposed to be preparing for 'stazh' by giving full massages to one another in class. This is supposed to help us establish the 'flow' of the movements and keep the entire procedure within its time-limits. Sadly, I don't practice half as much as I should so I am in pretty bad shape when it comes to 'flowing' and 'timing' too.

I left the office an hour and a half early. It was a bad day there. At first no computers, Then when they worked there was no 'server' so I couldn't even work on what I needed to do.

Made it Home with plenty of time to spare before going across the way.

At the Ampi was the usual. Our kehilla built a bonfire and we all sat around shmoozing. Poppa Green brought the guitar, Judy brought her banjo, there were hot-dogs, potatos, onions and marshmellows aplenty. Basically, as is our custom, we sat around and sang and simply enjoyed the beauty of spending time together as a community. Of course there was the home-made wine that was passed around. I think I might have scared Eitan (unintentionally, but still - maybe meeting me for the first time davka tonight wasn't a good idea...) Spent good quality time with Vivi and the nieces. The potato was yummy. I lived up to Uncle Shalom's marshmellow roasting standards - he woulda been proud. (Wow, I miss those ski trips.) And as I lay in the grass staring up at the sky I realized, there is so much to be thankful for.

Now back at Home I am listening to Sammy practice piano. It is a midnight recital and it is beautiful. The sonata, the fantasia and especially (my personal favorite) the ever evolving Sammy Piece.

In a movie (that was really a waste of time though in theory the plot was great!) there is a discussion between two of the characters and one accuses the other of siding with the 'enemy' and thereby killing his own people. He states that he has only killed ''as many as have tried to kill me." He concludes by saying, "It is the natural state of any man to want to live.'' He is refuted however quite harshly by her, as she explains to him quite sharply that, "Animals live." And that, "It is the natural state of any man to want to live free."

What level do we live on? Do we keep ourselves down on the base animalistic level or do we strive to elevate ourselves? It's Mrs. Smiles' 'noodle experience' - do we make the bracha and make it a Holy noodle or is it just 'food'?

I must admit, as much as I kvetch, it is nice to have friends. People who are there for you when you REALLY need them, especially when they know that you need them without you having to ask. You know who you are and I know that you are there. Thank you for being you and thank you for being there. You keep me sane (or as sane as I can be.)

And yes, we DO have a date for next time. NO excuses. I owe you BIG-TIME and I intend to spend a GOOD - LONG time with you. Hope you don't mind. Hey, maybe we'll even get the chance to do a pj party? Hehe, you bring the efelants and I'll provide the teddies. :) Whaddaya say partner? Deal?

Alright, I'm off to listen to the music and enjoy the smell of the bonfire that lingers in the cloth of my sweatshirt.

Fire and Water are opposite ends of the spectrum but sometimes I have a hard time choosing between them.

I know, I need to go to the beach and have a bonfire there too. It's brilliant. Maybe Next Thursday (you know, the 25th.) because it's the last Thursday of the month and I am FREE!!! Maybe I will finally make it to the beach...

Wouldn't that be nice?

But I REALLY don't want to go alone.

Alas...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a plan!!! but the mention of elephants slightly gives away my identity which u so discretely didn't menion!
There is no need to thank either, its the least i could do! Just make sure there are no excuses!! ;-)