Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Romeo & Juliet - Act: II Scene: II

"O blessed, blessed night! I am afeard, Being in night, all this is but a dream, Too flattering-sweet to be substantial."

I decided that the funny smell in the kitchen simply 'had to go' so I isolated the source of the smell and disposed of it. I mean, fingers aren't meant to go through potatos - are they? Seeing as I was in the kitchen I decided to make use of the other vegetables that had been sitting on the shelf for about as long as the potatos.

Problem: only other veggie was a bunch of onions.
Solution: Onion soup. And, we even had wine.

So, I put up soup and left it simmering on the fire ALL day. End result - REALLY YUMMY SOUP. And, the strange thing was... It didn't need any salt or pepper.

Nootch called and she was with her family at TM, so I dashed over to see them before they got on their bus. Whoa, the kids have all gotten sooooo big!!! I can't believe it's been almost 4 years since I last saw them. We visited the twilight zone bathroom and then dropped them off at the their bus-stop. After that Nootch and I grabbed coffee and went grocery shopping. Sounds mundane, but truth is - it's great.

I am living a perfect single-girl's life. I have friends, I have things to do, I'm having fun and best of all I'm enjoying.

Well, not when I'm not - but I guess that's understood.

Current Life Quandary - do I betray my boundary lines and do something for a friend or do I disappoint a friend and remain aloof?

3 comments:

Sassy Madricha said...

Lori-

I thought that I know some of what goes on in your life, 'specially since I live with you now... But I'm totally not chapping this current life quandry!

What's going on?

Sassy Madricha said...

Ahhh ha, chapping now...

You may not compromise your standards for anything. It's you vs. your friend, and at the end of the day you need to be able to live with yourself. Hence, keep up your standards and don't disappoint yourself because it is going to be much more difficult to deal with your decision later on.

I love you and I'm sorry life is so complicated!

Love ya, Sass

debsy said...

Sorry - but i agree with Sass - before i read her comment i was going to say somehting on the lines of u already know the answer to your quandry really and truly and i still think u should go with the gut feeling - as Sass says - you've got to live with yourself afterwards your friend doesn't have to, and the likelihood is they wont be interested in the pain u might go through if you don't stick to your guns! I love you and am cheering for you all the way along life's race!