Saturday, July 15, 2006

"Wow! What a scary pigeon!"

Shabbos was delightful. I can't really think of the right word for it. But, for the moment 'delightful' will suffice.

It's been a while since I spent time in Bayit V'gan, a while since I spent time with Brochie and a looooong while since I spent a shabbos with friends.

There were about 10 of us and 9 were Afikei-Alumni. In addition to being alumni, we had all been in shana bet and some even stuck around as madrichot.

It was amazing to all be able to reflect upon our days in sem - but at the same time it was a very different perspective, because none of us are in it now - it was, and is not anymore but changed us all in numerous ways.

Topics of conversation ranged from here to there to everywhere. It was insightful, intellectual and refreshing.

Pori, Shlomo and Shaya are adorable and shmushy as always and it was really nice to see them. We got along just fabulously. They are growing up (as kids have been known to do) and it is so nice to be able to watch the progresssion and keep in touch.

All in all it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Sadly, I was unable to stick around for 'night-activity' as I rushed off to meet up with somebody. Unfortunately, the person with whom I was supposed to meet up cancelled at the last moment. I understand that things 'come up' - I just wish I had known earlier.

So now I've been ditched and thus the week begins.

It's ok, I have high hopes.

Anyway, it's the last week of 'life' before 'vacation' so I am pretty psyched.

Yay for summer break! I actually get almost 3 weeks off.

Now I just have to plan my 'get-away.'

2 comments:

yo' meanma said...

Hey!!! you had a scarry pidgeon too! or maybe this pidgeon just gets around ;)

Glad to hear that you had a great time. see you in the morning.

becca said...

sounds like you had fun!!!! so happy you did.... miss ya