Sunday, August 27, 2006

"Is This Home?"

Happy Birthday Brendaloo!!!

Woke up early to catch a ride into the city with Mommy. At the Ranch I 'unpacked' then headed out to town with Nootch to meet up with Freddie. Freddie needed white shoes for sheirut and she decided to get white crocs (without holes.) We said 'hi' to cousin Chaim (a few times) and then we met up with Mommy and went to our favorite spot for some breakfast. After that we 'clothing shopped' and eventually wound up in my new favorite place in the city.

Can you imagine a used-bookstore that seemingly never ends? You walk in and go downstairs and then follow all the way back and back and through and through and it just goes on and on. Plus, the whole place smells like old books. So anyway, we each chose a book and curled up in the big comfy chairs and couches and read. I'm telling you, I could've stayed there all day. However, work is work and I had to go to work. Nothing exciting happened (as usual.)

Today it hit me, summer is over. I'm not sure where it went. I don't feel like I've accomplished anything or become a better person. On an even more serious note - Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur are coming up - I'm not even sure where to begin.

The Seminary girls and Yeshiva boys are coming back and the days are growing shorter whilst the nights grow colder. Soon winter will be upon us.

Sobering.

2 comments:

yo' meanma said...

wow you are quite correct the summer has once again flown by.
on the bright side...school starts for the wee folk :) :) :) yeah!!

debsy said...

Soon I'll be upon you (or rather your couch!) too!! yay!!!