Friday, August 25, 2006

"Tiny Fish Biting Tel Aviv Bathers..."

Well ladies and gents (not that I know any guys... but if there are any reading this, I guess I put it in just for you.)

We're supposed to be going to the beach right about now - but as usual; someone is still eating breakfast, the cats need to be petted, the sandwiches aren't made, the dishwasher hasn't been loaded and a zillion other ridiculous things. But, at least the tablecloths are ironed - no credit to me for that though. I make it a rule NEVER to do ANYTHING useful around the house. No I can't pick up the phone, No I can't check the clothes in the dryer, No I can't get PJs for Avi Chai, No I can't clear the table!!

So far this morning:

I got one of the funniest e-mails of the summer. The 'kicker' line was "ha! ha! ha! well there is no "US" so i think you have nothing to worry about."

I went to the grocery store and refused to bowl over the old man with the shopping cart and I declined the offer to yell at the obnoxiously smelly woman who 'cut ahead' of us on the check-out line.

On the bright side, I DID get to take the car to Nofei Aviv to pick up Raizi - and that was fun. Not to mention, my Nootch (Nuch) is here, and we're having a good time.

Our bedroom smells like popcorn because I got Brenda a present, but I needed to hide it until Shabbos. I also got a Black and White cake for her, and I'm not sure when we're going to eat it.

Little Brother will be here for Shabbos which is exciting, and I think I will get the chance to redeem myself in Rummikub. Shani is Home and I think that if we don't kill each other trying to get to the beach that this could prove to be one of the most exciting Shabbatot of the summer of '06.

Pictures forthcoming...

If we ever leave.

Enjoy!

No comments: