Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ungrateful Employers...

I had an early morning. It was 'back to work' day and I did them a favor and went in early. When I say early I mean, I was on a bus out of Bet Shemesh before 9 in the morning so that I could make it to the office by 10.

There was general chaos as we moved into the newly renovated office. All I can say is that the secretaries seem to have lucked out big time while the bosses were shoved into broom closets. (Not that I'm complaining, but even I who only took arcitecture for 1 year probably could have drawn up better plans for the space.) Seeing as I got there at 10 I left at 3. Well, it's not like they were going to pay me over-time and I had other more important things to be doing.

Back at Home the third session of the baking chug was wrapping up. After the girls had left the 'after-party' began and Sammy, Brenda and Michalie made some cookies for our brave chayalim. I was waiting for our special guests to arrive. Tova and Rabbi C. came in from Manalapan for a one week visit. Sadly, we didn't get to spend much time with them, but they agreed to a quick visit. Bet Shemesh is 'on the way' to the airport anyway, so they stopped by for dinner and all I can say is, it was REALLY nice to see them. In addition, it was like a whole reunion because Saba and Savta came and so did the Abraham Family (all the way from RBS!!)
Now they are on their way back to New Jersey... What a whirlwind trip. I hope they come back and visit again real soon. (Feel free to bring some of our siblings next time too...) :)

As for me and tonight - well, not much going on. I think I'll go join Sammy and Raizi - they're watching 'Little Women' - I'll just have to find some tissues before I go in.

Everytime they sprinkle the flower petals on the dolls after Beth dies, I just lose it.

I know, I'm pathetic. Tell me something I don't know.

No comments: