Monday, December 04, 2006

An inch is an inch - like a centimeter.

Why don't we all think is such a brilliantly logical way?

Ok, so it started off as a good day - soured into an awful day - spiraled towards hellish - then I made some tea and contemplated spilling it on someone's head and then I felt better. I continued to remind myself that I am a capable and worthwhile person and finally at 6:20 I had finished everything that was in my capacity to finish for the day and thus I set off on what would turn out to be quite and adventure.

As I walked down King George towards the Sheraton Plaza Hotel, I bumped into the Pineles Family. After some chit-chat and pointing them in the direction of T'mol Shilshom I continued on my way. At the hotel I neatly sidestepped the security guy, walked into the lobby, did a quick mental calculation to estimate how many men with beards who could possibly be Rabbis there were, chose one, made my approach and was rewarded with a satisfying, "yes, I am Rabbi so&so are you the one with the check for so&so?" To which I was able to answer, "yes I most certainly am she." As I handed some random stranger with the correct contact name a check for a few thousand dollars. On my way out of the hotel I ran into a Rabbi of mine from Afikei, he said hi and I replied "Rabbi Weinberg" nearly choking as the words came out of my mouth and I thought to myself, you idiot, that's Rabbi Wainstein... Anywho, I shook my head to clear my thoughts and belatedly I thought Rabbi Weinberg is Brochie's husband - oh well. On my way up to the bus stop I jaywalked to see if I could get run over, as I had been threatening to do all day (get run over that is) however, much to my dismay I looked before stepping off of the sidewalk and happened to notice that there were no cars or busses coming my way. On the bus a friend called to follow-up on a proposal that she made a few weeks prior. "So, do you wanna go out with him?" she asked me again. I said, "sure, but can you tell me a little more information?" The gist of the profiles was - Right age, good-looking (ok - so she said he's hot) and rich. Whaddaya reckon? Back in Kiryat Moshe I met one of my neighbors and we shmoozed for a bit. Finally back at The Ranch I got a warm-fuzzy when I saw what Mommy and Brenda did. Not only did they cover up the hole in the bathroom window with thick corrugated plastic board but they also brought us fresh Geulah popcorn, Brooklyn Black & White Cookies and HomeBaked Chocolate crinkle cookies. Did I mention the ADORABLE message that they left me on my computer screen?!?!?! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Anywho, I'm waiting for Shosh. We're supposed to go swimming tonight. Theoretically nothing exciting should come up but with the way things have been progressing, I wouldn't be surprised...

1 comment:

Sassy Madricha said...

Pineles family from where Lori?

And I'm really glad to hear you had such a good day!!

Love ya, Sass