Wednesday, December 27, 2006

"Thank you for calling me back..."

This morning started on one of those footings that would make most people nervous. A slight sense of pessimism could send it spiraling down into the abyss and a laugh and some optimism could make it heaven. I wasn't sure which would be more appropriate so I stayed 'pareve' until I was able to decide that today should be a good one.

It all stared at 1:55am when Rachie D. called me. She said she had met someone I knew. After I got off the phone I couldn't fall back asleep because a crazy thunder/lightning-storm was passing by. The windows rattled, the cold air found it's way in through the cracks and the building shook.

Eventually I fell asleep and woke up 4 hours later in a puddle of water thanks to scruffy-fluffy (our pet hot water bottle) whom I had put in my bed to warm my toes but who wound up bathing them instead thanks to a dessicated rubber-band-stoppery-thingamajigit.

Bussed to the office because it was rainy and cold. There was A LOT of work today. Finally the rain stopped and eventually the snow started falling. We got freed at 4ish when the snow started to stick.

The bosses gave me a lift back to my side of town and as I walked from the outer street I made a random phone call and really took my time walking so as to better enjoy the snow falling, the slush on the ground and of course, the puddles.

Back at The Ranch there was LOTS of hot water. I love the smell of clean laundry! Gotta make some hot chocolate and curl up to read for a bit I think.

So we got a sorta-snow-ish-day today.
Can we have a REAL one tomorrow?

Cross your fingers,
Cross your toes,
Blink your eyes
and
Wiggle your nose!!

Sis, $10,000 a head? What a GREAT idea.
Somehow I knew you'd say something sensible like that.
Luv you sooo much and thanks for everything!!!

1 comment:

~{~~@ said...

Not sure I like the title today... Anyways- I hope it doesn't mean what I think it means, oh and even if it's a work day tomorrow, I'm off cuz it's moooooving day, so I'll miss you and enjoy seeing Mrs Boss Junior...
Hahahahaha (yes, that's an evil laugh!)