Wednesday, February 14, 2007

"We could be heroes..."

Early this morning Freddie and I made our way out to some random little shul to attend the bris of my new little nephew. The beautiful little munchkin's name is Refael Shlomo. His big brother looked ABSOLUTELY adorable dressed all 'fancy' with his brand-new Kippah! And of course, their Mother looked radiant! Luv ya sis! ;)

It was really nice because our office opened an hour late - due to the fact that everyone was at the bris. Work actually flew by today and most of my time was spent on the phone with Bangkok, the Netherlands and ridiculously annoying people who honestly believe that they are the only people in the world.

After work I went out for some tea in a cute little place I never knew existed. I'll have to add it to the list.

Back at The Ranch I filled my Dorito craving and followed up with a dessert of Mike N' Ikes!

My pondering for this evening leads me down the age old road of "better to have love and lost than to never have loved at all." Is it really true? I've heard the 'yeas' and the 'no ways!' But which is it really? Is it better to "throw our lives away for one happy day" or do we really have to only concentrate on the 'big picture.' Is it worth it to let a moment of what could be 'genuine' happiness slip away in the hopes that another one will come along? Now, I know you're just going to tell me that a moment of pleasure is nothing to get worked-up about (and I don't mean physical pleasure - I just mean that warm feeling you get from knowing that there is someone who really and truly cares about you, understands you and accepts you for who you are) is it really better to never let yourself get close to them because there is the chance that it won't 'work out' or be permanent?

Is it better to keep your distance and keep searching for something else that could be better?? At what point must you stop and just be thankful for what you have and accept it for what it is?

I wonder. Really, I do.

Maybe I should stop reading - it's turning my brains to mush. But the funny thing is, I've been hearing all sorts of real-life 'fairy tales' coming true - so maybe it is possible...

3 comments:

TJ said...

hmmmm went out for some tea so that is what we call it today.... well good to know i guess I am totaly out of it....

Tamir said...

It's better to have loved and lost, in my opinion, because that moment you described so well can last much longer than just a moment.

The way I see it, the chances of your fairy tale coming true are small, but they're zero if you distance yourself. You need to try, and to fail, in order to eventually succeed.

~{~~@ said...

y not love and not lose???
thanks for coming and thank sammy for me...