Monday, March 26, 2007

Hopeful hearts will find forever Roses underneath the snow! ~George Cooper

Today followed in yesterday's footsteps. Not so grand but at least I didn't feel useless. Instead of dwelling on today I will share with you an incredible gift given to me by someone I love very much and who has made such an incredible impact on my life.
I love the springtime - when everything is in bloom and hope seems to blossom as life bursts into vibrant colors all around.
Everything holds so much promise and so much potential. All it needs is some tender care and the inspiration to grow.
On Erev Shabbat I was gifted with this stunning rose. Not only was it beautiful to look at but it smelled incredible. The leaves were soft and the thorns were as sharp as needles.

Of course, I should have looked to the rose for advice on how to face the last few days. Of course there are thorns, but in the end - you've also got the rose and it is worth all of the pain.

The trick, I am learning, is how you handle it.

3 comments:

Michalie said...

lori, i reborneded my blog and it has a sad announcement in it.
luv,
michalie

Deborah said...

much better!! it makes sense now!!! Sorry!!! Was great to talk to you though!!!

tnspr569 said...

aww...beautiful :)