Sunday, April 29, 2007

All For אפס...

Well, I lucked out when the bosses told me that the office would be closed today so that they could paint. I decided to do some of the random things that have been on my todo list but I never have the chance to do.

Daddy agreed to accompany me on this crazy ride so off we went.
We started here... And were trying to get here:
We eventually found the sign, pulled up to the gate, backed up to pull up to the other gate, created a traffic jam, pulled up to the first gate again and...
Finally, we were in...
Scary looking place, huh? I was a little too intimidated to take pictures inside - but the outside gives you a good enough idea. Well, I think so...
We waited on line behind many people who were all waiting to have their finicky microwaves looked at. The man said that we were very nice people and that we would therefore be helped quickly. "10 minutes," he said. We handed over the microwave and went to sit in the hall. As we found a bench and sat down a man come out and motioned for us to follow him. The 10 minutes had been a matter of seconds PLUS we got a really nice box!!!
We got on the road again. Daddy behind the wheel and headed towards Home. Strangely enough, our exit missed us.
Somehow we were heading this-a-way and there was nowhere to turn around...
Powernap, I figured. We'd find the next exit, turn around and head Home. Oddly enough, our next exit missed us too.
As we headed south we saw the sights and discussed missiles.
Eventually we concocted the correct mathematical equation that would bring us Home. (All driving in Israel is one big math problem. If you have a head for numbers you can get from anywhere to anywhere.)
We detoured onto Rt 383. The 'deserted' highway. Nobody travels it nowadays. Well, almost nobody. Except for us, and the BIG trucks...
After a few kilometers Daddy pulled over to the side and offered me a turn. He said I could use the practice driving on the highway. I know he just wanted a chance to look out for silos containing missiles and doomsday machines...
Back safely in Bet Shemesh, we agreed that after that ride we needed 2 things:
1. To bench a 'גומל'
and
2. some felafel...
Freddie is coming Home and we will make our way back to The City a little later tonight. Then the week will begin. I wonder how the rest of the days will go. Next Shabbos should be really great - my two favoritest chayalim will be Home AND it's Lag B'aomer!!!
Happy thoughts! Happy thoughts!

4 comments:

Sunhouse said...

How... descriptive.

If anyone needs a translation, just email me.

And I didn't get us lost. I wanted to take the scenic route.

Lorelai said...

I dunno, it made perfect sense to me...

I didn't say you got us lost. I love the scenic route!!! Great photo-ops!!!

Anywho - if we'd have gone the quick way I wouldn't have gotten to drive. Out of curiosity, has your heartrate returned to normal yet? :o)

~{~~@ said...

i like u'r tshirt

tnspr569 said...

Road trip!!!