Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I've Been Re-Indexed...

After work I went to my Big Sister's house. I bonded with my muchkinS and told my Sister all about my latest adventures and surprise visits.

Today I had some problems with my Facebook account - things sorted themselves out eventually but in the meantime I wrote a letter to the people in charge and I wanted to share it with you:

Dear Facebook People,

I emailed you earlier to find out why my account had seemingly disappeared after I was requested to 'confirm' it. (I know it is sad to admit it but) I spent a few hours trying to pick up the figurative pieces of my 'virtual' life - after having fallen off the 'face' of the planet and as I searched through yet another friend's friend list in an attempt to locate everybody - I noticed that my original profile had magically reappeared on her list.

Confused I logged out and when I logged in again I was logged into my original account. Of course, I am not one to take things at face value so I logged out and when i logged in again I was directed to the 'new' profile. To test things out I went and sent my old/original profile (which I would VERY much like to be able to access) a friend request.

When I logged in the next time I was directed to my original account where I accepted the request with my 'new' account and in essence became friends with myself.

However, when I attempted to log in again I was informed that I had exceeded the number of log-in attempts and that the only way to access my accounts was to reset my password. At this point, willing to do almost anything legal and free to get back to my 'old self' I sent myself the 'reset password' email and when i tried to follow the link, I was informed that the link was 'no good.'

To sum things up - I am at my wits end. I would very much like to be able to access my original account so that I can continue to stay in touch with all of my friends. Facebook is a highly useful and fun to use tool and I very much appreciate all of the work and effort that goes into maintaining it and making it as 'user-friendly' as possible.

Now that my very strict poking schedule is running ridiculously behind and I am my own friend, please let me know if, when and how this can be sorted out so that I can get back to my regularly scheduled 'Facebook'ing experience.

Thank you in advance.
Yours Sincerely.


The job situation has not improved since yesterday. I will keep you posted. If anyone has any ideas - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know...

3 comments:

~{~~@ said...

ha! i LOVE that letter

tnspr569 said...

Possibly THE BEST letter ever written for such an issue. Ahh, priceless.

tj said...

did they bother to answer this realy really good letter?