Sunday, April 15, 2007

Polly Pockets, Jealousy & Running Shoes...

Woke up early and spent the morning lounging around at The Ranch. Just as I was getting ready to leave, I got a special phone call and then running late I dragged Shosh out and we headed to the shuk. We did a quick shopping then I went to the office. It was actually a pretty good day. I did A LOT but it was nice to not be yelled at and I only did work for 1 boss.

Freddie came to visit at 5:30 and when 6:00 rolled around we decided to go out to eat. In the mood for soup we went to Cafe Rimon - because it is nearby...

As we walked back to our side of town we stopped off at the grocery store for some important staples such as; peanut butter, cranberry juice and salad croutons. We noticed 2 (very amusing) chayalim doing some shopping of their own. Their selection amused us to no end. A package of hotdogs, potato chips, Coca-Cola and some ice cream (for dessert no doubt.) Freddie and I laughed as we inventoried their cart and we thought lovingly of our brother Tzvi (in particular) and of most of the other guys we know who would (given the chance) probably stock up on the very same stuff.

The truth of the matter is that there isn't much more that one needs to get by than Diet Coke and Bamba.

For now though, I am starting a new cranberry juice diet. I'm not quite sure what it entails yet, but I think the best idea is to take Uncle Shalom's old advice for staying thin - eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full and make sure to balance it with exercise!!... Basically, I will make it up as I go along - but maybe I'll try to stay away from things that I KNOW are bad for me... :o)

Today was good and tomorrow is another day.
Just four days to go and two of the bosses will be out of the country on Wednesday and Thursday...that means two more days of working crazily and then two days of semi-crazy filing and then it is Shabbos again!

I am quite looking forward to Shabbos.
I hope I get everything I want... ;o)

No comments: