Tuesday, May 29, 2007

PYY 3-36 Hormone...

Work has been slightly crazy lately. In addition to all the usual work that we have on our plates, we were organizing this crazy conference/party and my boss agreed to basically organize 2 or 3 weddings at the same time. So, I am more or less kept busy. Except of course, when I sit at my computer bored out of my mind and refuse to even file. Today was one of those 'plan the wedding' days. It was a little crazy. I'm glad I know what to expect on the job and that I know how to react if a last minute client calls up. Of course, I remember the first few times when I was scared senseless of messing up, but I have learned that mistakes happen and that you have to at least do everything ni your power to make things work. Also, in a pessimistic way I have learned that even if you are supposed to be working as a team - you can't rely too heavily on the others, because chamces are they are just going to mess up and you will wind up being short-changed. Delegate the small stuff, but unless you know a person is trustworthy, do the important stuff yourself. I am now a firm believer in, "if you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself." For this reasn you must be very careful about what responsibilities you accept upon yourself. Learning to say no is a skill of not only much wisdom, but sometimes even of mental health and sanity.

After work I went out to Norman's with Saba and Savta. We had a really enjoyable time. It's always nice to get to spend time with them!

Back at The Ranch, Shosh practiced some reflexology for the first time in over a year (or so.) She did a really really good job and I was almost out on the table.

Now I just need for her to practice massage and take a huge painful knot out of my neck. It is stress related and no matter what I do I can't seem to shake the stress. Maybe I should just get used to it.

But it is hard to live with pain.
Still, I guess that's just life.
It builds character.
I know. I know.

3 comments:

tnspr569 said...

Really, I thought today was a good day.

I guess my second prediction was on the mark, then.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Lorelai said...

On the contrary. It WAS a very good day and I had absolutely nothing to complain about. :oP

TJ said...

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. ~ Confucius