Monday, June 25, 2007

“There is still no cure for the common birthday.” ~John Glenn

Work was extremely boring today. The 'son-boss' went away to the USA (to buy me crayons for my birthday and for some conferences of sorts) so there isn't really anyone in the office to mock. I volunteered to run an errand becuase I needed to get out. Everyone thinks I'm crazy but frankly, I don't care. It got me some summer air and time in the sun and I certainly wasn't going to complain. The air in The City today smelled like I remember it smelling when we used to come to Israel on vacation.

Back at work someone asked me to make a cup of tea for them. This got me thinking about making tea. So I googled 'the art of tea-brewing' and came up with any number of fascinating articles on the topic. One of the funniest ones can be found here.

The part I really laughed outloud at was:
Don't add sugar. Sugar is unnecessary, unhealthy and masks the delicious flavour of tea. If you want a sweet drink have hot chocolate. You wouldn't add sugar to beer would you? If someone asks for sugar in their tea laugh at them scournfully and then slap them once very hard. Unless of course she's your girlfriend because that probably wont do much to underpin the relationship.
After work I got lost in Ramot and then I headed over to Amalia's wedding! It was very very leibedik and quite the reunion.

After the last dance we headed back to The Ranch. It's late-ish, but I had a relatively enjoyable day. Tomorrow night - sheva brachot!

Quote of the day: "Youth had been a habit of hers for so long that she could not part with it." ~Rudyard Kipling

No comments: