Monday, July 23, 2007

Purple Monkeys and Yellow Clouds...

Woke up feeling SICK from the stupid pita-pizza that I had craved and eaten last night. My legs ache from walking, we didn't even get into the kenes last night because when we arrived there was standing room only and by the time we got to the door even that was filled up. We did stop by Esther's place to see PJ and then we walked back to The Ranch. I fell asleep at 10:20 and (as my luck would have it) my phone (which NEVER rings) rang. Not just once, but TWICE! What is this conspiracy?! Why can't I get more than 6 straight hours of sleep a night?!

Today I had to shlep a 'plata' from The Ranch to work so that I can take it Home with me tonight. It actually needs to be shlepped to England on Thursday and my only hope is that now with all of the luggage weight restrictions on airlines that I will have the allowance to bring a few changes of underwear and possibly even a few socks. BUT that isn't even the funny part of the story. SO there I am struggling to shlep this thing to the bus stop, I get there panting only to realize that my water bottle is completely empty. Then as I stand in the HOT 9:00am sun with sweat rolling into my eyes a guy approaches and chastises me for shlepping such heavy things. He then asks me what month I am in and when I am due. (Ok, I KNOW I'm fat! GET OVER IT!!!!) So I shot him a look and asked him (very calmly) to leave me alone. At the office building the security guard yelled at me for taking so long to put down the aforementioned plata, because I was holding up the line and delaying everyone else. (Mind you, we all got inside and had to wait about 7 minutes for an elevator ANYWAY because the elevators in the building have more issues than ME!!!!) Up in the office the bosses aren't even here. They'll probably waltz in sometime between 12-12:30 after having eaten at least 3 full meals. They will then proceed to bury us to our necks in pointless work and keep us in the office until 4 or 5. (Because letting us go 2 hours early, erev-tzom is a FAVOR and we should be VERY grateful that they are SOOOOOO accommodating and thoughtful.)

I think this will be a 2-post day. (Assuming of course that I'm not too tired, nauseous or frustrated to post again later...)

2 comments:

Tamir said...

Oy, rough morning. o_o I don't suppose it would do any good if I told you that you're really not fat? Maybe that guy was purposely being a jerk...

I hope your day gets way better, and make sure you drink a lot! Getting dehydrated erev tzom is not a good idea.

your partner said...

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.....