Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"I like your neatly pressed madiach..."

Once upon a time, there was a little penguin who very much wanted to fly.Luckily for him, there was a little boy who was willing to try and help him. Time after time, day after day they practiced flapping their wings and jumping up and down, but to no avail. The penguin simply could not take off. They tried everything, big jumps and small jumps. Ramps and Gliders. They even tried helium balloons...Ummmm, yeah. The End.

Today was a regular boring day, more or less, aside from the fact that I woke up at 7:00 this morning to Freddie sitting on my bed and munching away on a sandwich. Work was the usual, and time crawled by ever so slowly. Finally at 6:00 (after 'just one last short e-mail') I made my way to TM and caught a bus to Bet Shemesh. I got off on Maapilei Egoz and walked over to Rabbi David's shul for Aunt Sharon and Uncle Uriel's 25th Anniversary Bash. It was a very nice family get-together. It was the first since Tova & Simcha's Sheva Brachot, 5 months ago. There were speeches and some l'chaims and most importantly, we all spent time together. Enjoying the moment and appreciating how wonderful it is to all live close enough to be able to do these sorts of things.

After the party Saba & Savta offered to shuttle some of us back to Jerusalem. On the way we got to hear some of our favorite stories and of course we shared a few more laughs. After dropping off the Simons we headed to The Ranch. (Shosh, I hope you don't mind - but since you weren't around, I took advantage of the opportunity...) I finally got a chance to show off my apartment to Saba & Savta. I'm glad they came at night, the view really is magnificent when everything is all lit up outside. (I mean, it's gorgeous during the day too, but somehow, it still seems more impressive at night.)

Savta & Saba - Thank you for the ride, it was much appreciated - and I sincerely hope the traffic getting Home had abated somewhat by the time you got back to Shoresh...

Now it's time for me to get some sleep. Work tomorrow and then a nice quiet Shabbos. The only plans I have are to learn a bit with Ora on Shabbos afternoon. Freddie isn't Home and neither are Little Brother or my chayal. Come to think of it, nobody is Home. Wow, it's going to be quiet. I guess it's a good thing. I am still trying to catch up on that sleep that I lost somewhere. Strangely enough, I can't figure out where I could have lost it though...

1 comment:

Bob said...

That story has a lousy ending...