Monday, August 20, 2007

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it." ~Amelia Earhart

I always said I wouldn't become one of those people who got sooo busy that they neglected their blog. Then a friend said they didn't understand why when people get busy it is their blog that suffers, and I was so proud that I was keeping up with mine. Then I disappeared, because I "got too busy" and that is only partially true.

I have been busy. I guess that's just what happens when things in your life start rolling and you are running to try and keep up. It doesn't seem plausible until it happens and it's hard to imagine days on end when you are simply too tired to blog. I used to say that blogging was my 15 minutes for ME at the end of each day, but in the last month and a bit I feel like I have been spending waaay too much time on ME and am exhausted by the time night rolls around and I should write about what I've done.

Brief summary since last Wednesday. Well, Thursday was a regular boring day. Work and all that jazz then I headed Home and stayed up with Mommy cooking and baking until 5:30 a.m. finally we went to sleep and 3-5 hours later we were up again. Friday was hectic and insane. My chayal stopped by early but I was too busy trying to do stuff around the house to really drop everything and spend time with him so eventually I sent him home after we dropped off a ton of stuff at the shul. Shabbos was supposed to be my time to rest and though I slept Friday night, my shabbos nap started late and was interrupted 4-6 times. Motzei Shabbat Mommy threw us our 'engagement party' - so we socialized and smiled and greeted people and all that happy party stuff. (For pictures click here!)

Sunday was typical and boring. Went to work then went back to The Ranch. On the bright side, I'm not alone anymore cause Shosh came Home on Thursday and now we're back together again!

This morning when I got to the office I was informed that my boss's mother had passed away and that the office would therefore be closing at 2:00. One of my coworkers agreed to join me and we went to the levaya together. Our boss was VERY appreciative. I guess now I have to schedule a shiva call into my week too.

I'm looking forward to Thursday night. I just got a message letting me know that they're letting my chayal out for an 'extended' weekend. So, we get to spend most of Thursday night together which is very exciting because we haven't actually had time to really talk or spend 'quality' time together for almost a month.

Tomorrow is Tuesday again. I'll try to let you know how it goes...

2 comments:

Bob said...

I don't think anyone would blame you for not blogging this past week...

Mazal tov once again, since that never gets old. ^_^

TJ said...

I am not just "One of my coworkers "
Hallo did u forget who I am???