Monday, August 13, 2007

"To be deified when really, you're a sham..."

"lori my love!!! you are the sunshine of my life! your smile lights my heart!!!! i will always and forever be yours!!!!"

Today was typical and slightly sketch. As usual.

Got to work a little late (this seems to be becoming a new-ish sort of trend. But I just can't seem to drag myself out of The Ranch even 5 minutes earlier in the morning.) Work was ridiculous. A speech was made about my incredible multi-tasking abilities. Of course I was supposed to be listening to the speech, taking dictation, typing a bunch of e-mails, finding a lost invoice, getting out a list of 5 papers and answering the phone while faxing 3 things all at the same time - but that is neither here nor there. I got my round of applause and things fell into routine. I even had those HUGE goosebumps you get from sitting directly under a FREEZING cold a/c unit for 9 hours a day.

On the bright side, I treated myself to my hard earned 1/2 hour break today. Yes, I actually left the office for 1/2 an hour. The first stop was at a salon down the block where I booked 3 manicure appointments for our 'girls night out' scheduled for Wednesday evening! Then I took a quick detour to the jeweller to get the battery in my 'Shabbos watch' changed. I heard a quick little d'var torah and then headed back to the office.

At the end of the day Freddie came to visit bearing gummies, bourekkas and chocolate rugelach. Finally 7:00 rolled around and we left the office. I strolled back to The Ranch with Chaviva and we parted ways at the grocery store as I decided to pick up a tomato.

Tuesday tomorrow and Esti's bat-mitzvah trek after a 9 hour day. I'll keep you posted and let you know how that goes...

2 comments:

Rik said...

I have to say that I think it's cute that your blog has applications.

Sassy Madricha said...

Sooo funny!! I forgot about our blogs since I got so into facebook!! Well, I've been missing you and decided to check out your page. Manicure?? Seriously??