Sunday, September 30, 2007

Booths...

It is the third day of chol hamoed and things are going relatively well.

Quick re-cap of the holiday thus far:

Well, my chayal stayed at our house the whole chag. The first night Yonatan and Donny joined us for the meal and daddy spilled some chicken soup. After the meal we played cards and rummikub and more cards. The first day Abe walked down from Sheinfeld and joined us for the meal. Thursday night we failed at watching LOTR by falling asleep and then Friday morning I walked to Mercaz Bet Shemesh with my chayal on the prowl for a photo album. Shabbos was spent at Home and Friday night was a quiet family meal. Shabbos lunch was started late as we waited for the Slowatskys our guests from Nofei Aviv to arrive. Eventually they made it and we started the meal at around 1:15. Tamir came over to visit and we shmoozed some while attempting to balance a knife on its side. Shabbos afternoon I actually read a bit and shabbos ended pretty early. At 9:00 we headed over to the Zwebner's for the sukkah-open-house. There I saw tons of people and showed off my chayal a whole lot. :) Eventually we stole a movie from Shani's room and headed Home to watch it. We were going to drink chicken soup, but there was no way to arrange things comfortably so we ditched the chiken soup idea and watched the "Fantastic 4" instead.

At 7:00 this morning my chayal left for the army again and I won't see him for anothe 2 weeks. (Probably won't speak to him either, but that is neither here nor there.) Now it's 10:30 a.m. and although today was supposed to be the day we went on our family tiyul, somehow I don't see that happening. The first concert is tonight starting at 6:00 P.M. and Brenda is having a few friends over. On a bright side, I think Little Brother might be getting out of the army and coming Home - so at least we'll get to see him and spend some quality time! YAY!

Moadim L'simcha and I'll try to keep you updated as the holiday progresses...

1 comment:

Dunce! said...

Keep enjoying the fun times!!!! Missing you over here!