Saturday, September 22, 2007

Childhood is not for kids...

Yom Kippur went pretty well. Seudah Hamafseket was a simple affair and kol Nidre went relatively quickly. I went to sleep at around 8:45 and woke up at 7:00. Made it to shul just 10 minutes late but it wasn't too hard to catch up. Thankfully the chazanim weren't too bad and although it was freezing in the shul, I managed to stand for all of chazarat hasha"tz. We had a 2 hour break and Freddie and I stayed in shul. We split sefer tehillim and each said half. Neilah flew by and after Maariv we headed Home. We broke the fast with Saba & Savta on a 'light' dinner of fish, pasta and 3 types of rolls.Then we had some cake in honor of Savta's (belated) birthday.

Sukkot is up next. Lots to do, and no time to do it (cause I'm stuck at the office...) On the bright side, my chayal will be Home for the first 1/2 of sukkot! Plus we're having guests guests and more guests! I'm also hoping to get in a tiyul on Friday and another on Sunday, not to mention maybe even squeeze one in on Tuesday. Two concerts this year means even more fun and basically I'm just so excited!!!

More tomorrow...

No comments: