Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Hanks and Toodles...

Today was the first decidedly GOOD day that I have had in AGES!

I woke up at 7:00 this morning and lazed in bed until 7:30 when Shosh came in to wake me up. For some funny reason I got out of bed at 7:40 and was out of the shower at 8:00. I was dressed by 8:15 and couldn't figure out what to do for an hour, so I crawled back into bed and read. (In case you are confused, I was running about an hour early this morning. Usually I only get up at 8:00...Yay for moving the clocks back!!!)

I left The Ranch at 9:15 and walked to work (for the first time in months, or weeks at least.) There was 'real' work to do today - like I actually got to the office, had just enough time to read through my e-mails and then I got stuff to do! (That hasn't happened in months. Seriously though, months!) So I worked my way through the pile, filed my desk into a few neat binders and got everything organized! In the middle of the afternoon I was elected to be 'errand-girl' so I headed out to the 'other' side of town to pick up an envelope from some random office. I was given money to take cabs in both directions however as I left the building the 'perfect' bus pulled up, so I hopped on. Finding the office was no problem and back on Yafo Street yet another 'perfect' bus pulled up, so back I went. I waltzed back into the office a mere 30 minutes after leaving only to be informed that there was a total disaster a'forming.

A VERY important meeting (that we've been trying to schedule for months) has been set for 10:00 tomorrow morning. This should be a cause for celebration however, the proposal and information that we are meant to present them with has been recycled and given to a different client whilst we struggled to set a time and date for the meeting. (Luckily for my office, they have me.) I quickly printed out a few copies, ran to the printer/binder store and begged them to quickly bind the documents. 25 minutes later, armed with the completed proposals I returned to the office triumphant! (Boy were my bosses delighted!) I proceeded to spend the remainder of the afternoon (the whole hour of it anyway) stuffing envelopes for a mailing that I will no doubt finish tomorrow and drag down to the post-office (probably by my lonesome.)

After work I walked back to The Ranch and thoroughly enjoyed the weather. It's crisp sweatshirt weather here in The City and I am LOVING every minute of it!!!

Now I reckon it's time to find some PJs and 'hit the sack' - it's been a long day, albeit a good one. Hope tomorrow has some more fun stuff in store. I'm sure it does, I wonder what it'll bring...

2 comments:

Rik said...

Once again, awesomtastic title. Let the typos keep on coming!

Me ;) said...

Thanks for your help last night. Sorry about the mess! Well I guess it's a good excuse to reorganize. ;)