Sunday, September 16, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY(s) SAVTA DEAREST!!!

Hello there! Happy New Year! I can't believe we made it through a 3-day-chag. It's been years since we had to deal with one of those. All in all it went very nicely. My chayal stayed at our house and ate 5/6 meals with us, Little Brother joined us for 2 meals, the Polevoys joined us for Shabbos lunch and there was much shmoozing, many minyanim, kiddushim, quality time, a whole bunch of walking and even some time in the park with the Dibble.

At 2:00 this morning we 'fell back' an hour from daylight savings time, as you know that essentially gave us an extra hour for the night. I made good use of my time and snuck in an extra hour of quality time with my chayal. (Quite a worthwhile investment if I do say so myself!)

Work today was umm, the usual (?) and due to the fact that it was a 'fast day' the bosses had mercy on us and let us leave an hour early. However, at some point in the early afernoon the power in the entire building went out. A voice came on the loudspeaker to announce that,
"we know that there is no power. There is no power in the entire building. This means that you should not take the elevator. If you are in the elevator, please wait
for the power to come back on. As soon as the power comes back on, we will let
you know."

I was too busy laughing to pay atention to much of anything after that...

Walked back to The Ranch, made some dinner and used up the last of my 'old' vegetables (from last year no less.) Eventually Shosh got home and we spent some fun quality time catching up on each other's last 2 weeks. It is somewhat sad that we live together yet we see each other only once a week or so (more or less.)

There is so much to do and I am far too sleepy to do it.
Maybe at the very least I'll wash the dishes before I go to bed.
Hehe, yeah,
Maybe...

No comments: