Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A Tilting Carousel...

Today at the office I filed. Then I filed. Then I filed some more. I filed the ENTIRE stack of papers from the "General/Chessed" tray and after organizing their shelves and putting some labels to indicate what goes where I took the whole mountain of papers from near the fax machine and sorted through them. I then proceeded to file all remaining papers from the "General/Chessed" binders and then I put away the remainder in their respective trays to wait for another day. Tomorrow my bosses are coming back. What really upsets me is that, though I spent some five and a half hours filing today and filed somewhere in the region of three-hundred pages - I KNOW that tomorrow when my bosses walk into the office the first thing they will do is chide me for not having filed the huge rubbermaid tub of newspapers. They won't notice all of the work that I DID accomplish and even if my co-workers speak up in my defense, they will ignore the fact - simply because the 'unsightly mess' of newspapers is still in view. Somehow - procrastinating the filing seems worthwhile when nothing I ever do is 'good enough' anyway. According to them; 'somebody' can always to it quicker, 'somebody' can always do it better and 'somebody' can always do it more efficiently. I have this urge to tell them that if this 'somebody' is such a great character that they should hire HER and leave me the heck alone!!!

Basically - it was a long day. A good day (because there were no bosses around and an Office Depot shipment came) but long nonetheless. I looked at my post from yesterday and when I scrolled down I didn't notice Monday's date but I skimmed the story and as I did I tried to remember when it was that I left my apartment barefoot. I was shocked when I realized that it was only 2 days ago as it feels like weeks and months have passed.

I want it to be next Wednesday because I want a break. The only flaw in that logic is that next Wednesday is Rosh Hashana and I am honestly and sincerely unprepared for it.

I have more to say on the topic of a new year approaching but my post might turn sarcastic, bitter and thoughtful and we all know that this is not the forum for such things.

More tomorrow. Thursday again, at long last. Shabbos will be quiet this week.
Maybe Tamir and Michalie will come out and play - otherwise I'm in for quite the boring weekend too...

2 comments:

Tamir said...

It's funny - I don't think I've ever heard you call a Shabbos boring before. ^_~

By the way, where can one hear your sarcastic, bitter and thoughtful thoughts, if not here?

Lorelai said...

I keep them in my diary of course. Sadly, I write there more often than I post here. Especially of late...