Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hello Nick...

First thing this morning I got a phone-call from the office requesting me to 'pick up milk' on the way to work. So I left a little early in order to allot the time for getting the milk and I made it to work on time (even though the bus-ride took almost 10 minutes - to go 3 stops!)

Work was quiet and pretty boring until the bosses showed up with the International Advertising Director and a Senior Travel Writer of a well respected and prestigious publication in the UK. Once our guests left the bosses swamped me with work. I did as much as I could handle and walked out of the office at precisely 5:00 PM, without so much as a goodbye to anyone, well, except TJ. :)

I walked to Kanfei Nesharim where I met up with my sisters and we walked down to the yummy baguette place that Shosh introduced me to a few nights ago. (I think it's my new fleishig 'fast food' joint.) We enjoyed a deeeelicious meal of baguettes, deli, pickles, fries and Snapple and then we walked back to The Ranch, stopping along the way to take pictures on 'the bench' and in the park.

Back at The Ranch we had some 'dessert' - which was YUMMY cookies from 'the cookie factory' (the one that Mommy used to go to when she lived in Jeru) and then Freddie and Brenda ran off to catch a bus.

As for me, I've been sitting here doing a whole lotta nothin' for the last long while.

I'm a little upset (ok, A LOT upset) because although they tentatively rescheduled my chayal's regilah (vacation) it's not for another 2 weeks, which means I won't see him for 3 whole weeks AND the shabbos of his regilah is the weekend that we scheduled our girls shabbos at The Ranch!!! SO FRUSTRATING!!!

On a slightly sketchy note - while sitting in the boss's office earlier she asked me how the last few days had been and what I had been up to. (I figured she didn't mean at the office necessarily, because as she well knows, things run like clockwork there. Therefore, I assumed she meant with wedding plans.)
Finally she asked, "Anything doing with him?"
"Nope." I replied.
"Anything doing with you?" she inquired.
"Nope." I replied again.
"Any desicions made?" she continued.
"Not that I know of. He doesn't have time and evidently, neither do I." I said in my most restrained voice.
Then she laughed, as if to say, 'I know that's just because you don't have time because you spend all your time here and it SURE is fun to see you all angry and fed-up especially because there's nothing you can do about it. BUT don't you worry, I'll be REALLY nice and NEVER give you a break or any time to do anything, cause after all, a job is a job and you're not really anyone important anyway...'

Then I got all depressed again.

I hate this.

The only thing I might hate more, is probably dancing at stupid pointless parties.

2 comments:

tnspr569 said...

Erm, it seems that you've been tagged...

http://howtomeasuretheyears.blogspot.com/2007/10/tagged.html

tnspr569 said...

Interesting...two weeks in a row, post wednesday then post sunday...hmm..