Friday, October 12, 2007

Patterned Panties, Painted Pansies...

Consensus shows that I am much too much of a high-maintenance girl. The fact that no one observes this when I venture out to eateries is generally because I don't really appreciate the complicated stuff that would afford me the opportunity to rip it apart (I.E. I'll have the apple pie with the vanilla ice cream, but warm the pie. And if there's no vanilla ice cream then don't warm the pie and give me chocolate ice cream instead. If there's no chocolate ice cream then warm the pie and...)

Surveys show that I am too demanding. Surveys also show that I am too much of a perfectionist. Although I am a lazy sort of lout who procrastinates as often as she breathes, I still have a penchant for wanting to actually get the important things (things that I deem important) finished and out of the way in the most acceptable manner (acceptable manner meaning, a manner which conforms to my idea of 'how it should be')

I guess I'll just give up since, "it'll be taken care of princess" was what I was told after some research and hard work was kindly ignored and shoved on the back burner of a non-existent cook-top.

I suppose if I can't do things myself due to lack of co-operation from the other parties involved, it isn't really fair to blame me for being spoiled too. You really can't have it both ways. When I put in effort I get yelled at and when I do nothing I get yelled at. It's a lose-lose situation. On the other hand, at least when I do nothing it's a lot less work for me.

Now that I've tried the 'putting in effort' approach, and all I got was, "it'll be taken care of princess" I suppose it is time to just forget about it and let somebody else deal with it. Cause, I'm damned either way.




p.s. - Do me a favor and DON'T ask me how wedding plans are going...

1 comment:

tnspr569 said...

:(

Pick your battles, I guess...