Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Poignancy of Pineapple...

This morning the breeze blowing through my apartment on the 6th floor felt pretty cool. I left for work 2 hours early and although 4 buses that I could have taken to the office were waiting with their doors open I decided to walk.

At the office everything was quiet, as the bosses are all out of the country for the majority of the week. I finished up the projects that have been in my 'when you have time' pile for the last few months and I cleared up my desk. At 4:00 my boss called and asked me if I would mind leaving early today and coming in early tomorrow morning. I had nothing else to do and didn't really mind, so I called Freddie and headed out to catch a bus.

I stepped out of the building into a steady drizzle and made my way to the bus stop. Finally a '6' pulled up and I hopped on. It took us 40 minutes to get to Shaare Zedek, but eventually we made it and Freddie joined me. The bus took us to the mall where we wandered in and out of lots of stores. It's fun to go to the mall and not actually buy anything. It gives you a new perspective when you actually stop and think about whether you really NEED what you're buying. After about an hour or so we decided that dinner was in order, and we decided that it had been too long since we last went out for a nice dinner - so we went for Chinese. After a leisurely meal we wandered through the mall a little more and then headed out to the bus. As we reached the bus-stop a '6' was waiting with its doors open so we hopped on. Freddie got off at Shaare Zedek and I eventually made it back to The Ranch.

All in all a highly enjoyable day. I even managed to pick up a permanent marker (to aid in my picture backing-up project) and a small soft-sided photo album which I want to fill with pictures and take to Merry Ca so that I can show off my chayal and The Holy Land and all sorts of other fun stuff!

Tomorrow is another day and I'm not sure what's going on. I think I should stop and pick up some fabric softener so that I can wash my clothes. I also need to take a skirt to the dry-cleaners and take another skirt to the tailor to have the zipper switched. At some point I should probably begin the actual CD-burning project and back-up all of my photos. I also have to finish my scarf and clean up my room because this Shabbos is being hosted at The Ranch and we have to make lots of room for people to sleep! Tuesday night I go see Mrs. M and Thursday night my chayal comes HOME, so I'm going Home to spend time with him and to bake for Shabbos. Wednesday night is still free - but I'm sure I can find something to keep myself occupied.

Wednesday night? Why am I talking about Wednesday? I still have to get through Monday and Tuesday! This is crazy! Hahahaha, more tomorrow... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will find something to fill your Thursday night with. You are some social butterfly- good for you!

Anonymous said...

I did mean Wednesday night, not Thursday. As thursday is saved for your chayal! Lucky guy