Monday, November 19, 2007

Roast Beef...

I woke up at 6:00 this morning. It was chilly and the sky was decidedly gray. I dragged myself out of bed and packed up my stuff. I fished my chayal's sneakers out of under my bed and then made my way down-down-downstairs to make a 'wake up' call. We caught an 8:20ish bus and were in Jeru by about 9:30.

After a 10 minute siesta at TM, I headed down to catch a bus to the office. I walked into the office, put my stuff down and then my boss said, "I need to sit with you." And for the next 2 hours all I did was take dictation and listen to some of the 'shtuyot' that are going on in the Ministry of Tourism. As the boss finished giving me the last letter, a different boss came in and begged me to help him out by taking a few letters. I laughed at him and said something to the effect of; maybe tomorrow... Two hours later I had finished all of the charts, letters, e-mails, proposals, and various other things that the boss had given me. Then my chayal called to ask what I wanted to eat. (I must say - the city of Jerusalem is sorely lacking a 'soup' place. All I wanted was chicken soup - but there are a very limited number of places to get it.) He brought me a donut and then forced me to take my 1/2 hour lunch break, "otherwise you won't take a break today" he said. I think he knows me too well. ;)

After work Chaviva and I walked back to The Ranch together. We debated the merits of taking a bus, and decided that although bussing saves on the actual walking, it simply isn't worth it. First of all, you need to stand and wait for the bus, secondly because you have to pay for the bus and thirdly because it's still a 4 minute walk from the nearest bus stop. Before the last set of traffic lights we met Shosh and the three of us made our way together.

Back at The Ranch, Rachel was visiting. I got a call from Freddie to let me know that she and Mommy were leaving the house and would be in The City soon. They called when they got to Mivaseret and on my way out the door I bumped into the scary neighbor who collects va'ad bayit. Being a whopping 5 months behind on payments, I decided to take three minutes and deal with it. He was delighted to oblige. (Luckily I had written the total out last week and only had to fill in the date and signature.) Then I ran down to the car. We drove to The Old City where we dropped off Freddie (who was going to Kever Rachel with Midreshet HaRova- I think) and then Mommy and I drove over to my Big Sister's house to drop off the 'baked goods' for the party.

After the drop-off I shlepped Mommy out for dinner. We went for baguettes (at my new favorite place) and as usual they were deeeeelish! (At least mine was...) Though, we opted to sit outside and it was a weeeeee bit nippy!

Tomorrow morning is the Older Munchkin's upsherin. They're gonna cut his pretty blonde curls off!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! I'm so excited!!! The only drawback is that the party is called for 7:00 AM at The Kotel! That means, I have to get up at 5:45ish to be ready and out of the house on time! THAT'S CRAZY!!! AND tomorrow is Tuesday which means on top of being out of the house by 6:30, I also work a 10 hour day at the office AND I meet with Mrs. M - suffice it to say, I'm going to be VERY tired tomorrow night.

I think therefore that I'll get some sleep now.
I'm DEFINITELY going to need my strength.

No comments: