Sunday, January 27, 2008

Poufy Cupcakes...

Today was supposed to be my 'once in a blue mooon perfect day'

As it was Z's b-day and I had a gown fitting scheduled for the early morning, I decided to take the day off and to spend it enjoying the day (which I almost NEVER get to do, because 71.5% of my daytime hours are spent locked up in the stupid office where the sun don't shine and the windows are NEVER bright.)

I should've known that it was going to be an awful day the moment Z informed me that rather than 'waiting around doing nothing' while waiting for me to get back from my gown fitting that he would be going into the city to work for a 'few' hours. (ha.)

Then this morning as we left for the gown fitting (only 20 minutes behind schedule) we noticed that our front right tire was flat. It took 20 minutes to switch it and the gown fitting was relatively painless (aside from the part where we 'disagreed' about how long the sleeves had to be. To the elbow? 2 inches below the elbow? long-sleeve!?

We stopped in RBS on the way Home to meet with the seamstress who is making the other girls' dresses and back at Home I spent the remainder of the afternoon in my bed wasting my time while bawling my eyes out in front of girly chick-flicks.

Z was supposed to come over after work - but what was supposed to be 'working until 2' became 'working until 3:30' and for some funny (but not surprising) reason at 3:55 he was still at work...

And so - it is 4:02PM and I am still lying in my bed doing absolutely nothing and loathing weddings and relationships in general.

I'm sick of hearing that I should 'grow up' and 'get over it' - (that advice coming mostly from people who throw worse hissy-fits than me more often than I do) - and I'm sick of hearing about how I should be thankful because everything is soooo good and easy for me because NOBODY has it perfect and la-di-da and NOBODY knows what another person is going through or how they feel!!!!!! I'm just so SICK OF IT ALL!!!

3 comments:

Bob said...

Then I fear I can only commiserate. =<

Anonymous said...

1. Maybe if you actually did some growing up you would see that "only you can make yourself happy." It is a hard lesson to learn but a very worthwhile one!
2. If you would try communicating as an adult, others may be more likely to understand exactly what you want instead of trying to guess. This technique is also helpful so that you don't feel that the world is doing things just to annoy you.
BTW these two suggestions do take away the need to continually feel sorry for yourself, a bummer if that's what you enjoy doing.

~{~~@ said...

I'm trully sorry to have ruined your day :( You're getting rid of me, no need to worry...